Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Crashing PC

kjgibbs

I have a Helix LT that I haven't used for a while and I thought I would update the firmware (currently 2.60). The Helix has never been connected to the PC I am using, so I have installed HX Edit 2.60 (same as the firmware) BUT when I connect the Helix the PC crashes (BSOD). The PC is Windows 10 (64 bit). Any help gratefully received.

Try installing the latest version of HX Edit (3.15 as of this post)... and during the install make sure you choose ALL the drivers. 

When complete... try connecting the Helix once again. 

Also, make sure you try more than one USB port on the computer & do not try to connect through a USB hub. 

• Upvote 1

You may want to uninstall your old Line 6 software first. Once you have HX Edit 3.15 downloaded and installed and have successfully connected to your Helix you will also want to get a backup and update the firmware to 3.15.  After the firmware is updated be sure to do a factory reset and backup restore. Follow the update instructions carefully.