Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem importing presets from LT to Stomp

emagli

Hi there,

I just got a Stomp, great little thing! I have a question regarding preset import. 

I have prepared a few presets for the Stomp on my Helix LT, using only path 1. These presets can be imported into the Stomp and everything works well, except that the per-snapshot values of the level parameter in the output block are lost (whereas all snapshot assigned parameters of all other blocks are correctly retained for the first 3 snapshots); indeed the output level parameter is not assigned to snapshots any more, and the parameter value is that of the first snapshot. Any idea why this happens and maybe can be avoided? Thanks!

On 3/20/2022 at 5:38 AM, emagli said:

…... These presets can be imported into the Stomp ….

I presume you are using HX Edit to do this? You could also try using Helix Native, which has a Hardware Compatibility mode. Set HX Native to HX Stomp mode and import the Helix LT a preset into Native, then export it as an HX Stomp preset and try importing it in HX Edit. I’m not saying the result will be any different, but it might be.

• Like 2

Im thinking loud here, but the input and output blocks are directly calling for specific hardware, that isnt exactly the same on LT and Stomp. Like for example, LT has Digital and XLR, other than 1/4", so if you are using XLR as output (or digital) in those presets, could be the level values related to non-existent outputs are not available for the Stomp, which only has 1/4" available. If this is the case, you could probably solve linking the snapshots to gain/pan/volume blocks, instead directly to the main output block.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, PierM said:

Im thinking loud here, but the input and output blocks are directly calling for specific hardware

That’s what I also feared. I am only using the multi output, but maybe the parameters do not carry over properly between LT and stomp because the output blocks are not identical. Sure, I could use a gain block and that’s exactly what I like to do on the LT, but I thought I’d save a block on the Stomp by managing volume with the output block…

On 3/20/2022 at 11:48 PM, emagli said:

That’s what I also feared. I am only using the multi output, but maybe the parameters do not carry over properly between LT and stomp because the output blocks are not identical. Sure, I could use a gain block and that’s exactly what I like to do on the LT, but I thought I’d save a block on the Stomp by managing volume with the output block…

Try using an explicit 1/4" instead multi. Multi does not exist on Stomp.

I checked myself and looks like none of the main output level controller assignment is being ported between different devices. Really looks like the main output block is calling for different pipelines. I'm pretty sure it's doable from a code perspective (just a couple of code loops to check/compare and reassign), but it's something to ask as a feature in ideascale. Honestly it could even be a bug.

I even tried the opposite, porting from Stomp to Rack, and the main output is bein reset to Multi. It does retain starting level/pan values but all controllers assigned to them are lost. So you can port the pan and level between units, but not controllers assigned to them.

• Upvote 2