Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Creating Setlist

jpesce23

Sorry if this a repeat post or a silly question but am I able to add patches to a “setlist” from the Helix Floor itself without using HX edit? I have lots of patches saved to one user profile as my main library and I will create a setlist with an empty user profile by copying and pasting from my the main list of patches. Is there a way to do this on the unit without HX edit? I can’t seem to find an option to do so. Obviously HX edit makes things much easier but sometimes I don’t have a computer on me and need to add something on the fly. Thanks in advance!

You can move any preset anywhere by just pressing the Save button on your Helix one time.  At the bottom of the display the Helix will ask for an acknowledgement of where you want it saved and you can use the knobs to select the different location and then press Save a second time.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, DunedinDragon said:

You can move any preset anywhere by just pressing the Save button on your Helix one time.  At the bottom of the display the Helix will ask for an acknowledgement of where you want it saved and you can use the knobs to select the different location and then press Save a second time.

Just to clarify, this is actually a copy/paste operation rather than a move, and that’s exactly what the OP wants.

• Upvote 1

If you have an iPad, check out the "OnSong" app:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/onsong-2020/id502344938

I never have to rearrange the setlists on my Helix. Can just do it all on the iPad once the songs are configured in the app, and can make new setlists for different shows by simply dragging and rearranging on my iPad screen. Huge time saver and I don't even need to be by my Helix or HX Edit to set up new shows.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, cfhmonkey said:

If you have an iPad, check out the "OnSong" app:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/onsong-2020/id502344938

I never have to rearrange the setlists on my Helix. Can just do it all on the iPad once the songs are configured in the app, and can make new setlists for different shows by simply dragging and rearranging on my iPad screen. Huge time saver and I don't even need to be by my Helix or HX Edit to set up new shows.

I'm also a big fan of this functionality!

It works well and I have played around with this at home but not used it during performance for one reason.  It can be a little tricky to use if you are also a singer and are navigating a multi-page song. I have a tendency on occasion to accidentally stomp on my Pageflip MIDI Bluetooth pedal or double-tap it, and inadvertently switch to the next/previous song. Happens infrequently and usually no big deal if you are not switching presets via MIDI. You just tap back to the song and have the lyrics back in front of you. However, you have to be really careful not to do this when using Onsong to switch Helix presets as it can switch you quite audibly to another preset - right in the middle of a tune. Could be quite a bit more disruptive to your performance than just having a moment without the lyrics. 

Still, MIDI via Onsong is a far superior way to manage setlists on the Helix and I may eventually overcome my reservations about the above scenario and start using it for performances. If you are rock solid on your Onsong song switches or don't have to worry about paging thru lyrics, it is a great way to leverage Onsong's MIDI and setlist capabilities.