Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Error [code -8212] ??? Failed to load preset

SenseiJuancho

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone has experienced a similar error. Yesterday I updated my Helix Floor to version 3.15 and until an hour ago it worked perfectly. But suddenly, this error has started to appear

"Failed to load preset.

Timeout waiting for a response from device. [code -8212]"

The device hangs and the HELIX EDIT application does not detect the Helix, which is connected by usb to an Imac with High Sierra 10,13,6
 I have to reboot every two minutes.

Could someone help me? Thanks a lot

On 3/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, SenseiJuancho said:

Could someone help me?

Hi,

This has occurrence has appeared a few times in this forum, and the best guess seems to be a corrupt preset.

In the “Search” option on the top of the main page type “8212” and hit return to see how many instances pop up!

Here’s one from 2019:- 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the fix for this issue? I just had this to happen to me (8212) like 3-4 times. I was able to shut down ,wait. about 30 sec and reboot and it was fine. It appears that if you switch between options too fast this is when it happened to me. I don't know. I have only had my un nit for 3 days now. I have not done any updates it already has 3:15 version. any help would be great.

WEBE

On 4/4/2022 at 10:29 PM, Webethumpin said:

What is the fix for this issue? I just had this to happen to me (8212) like 3-4 times. I was able to shut down ,wait. about 30 sec and reboot and it was fine. It appears that if you switch between options too fast this is when it happened to me. I don't know. I have only had my un nit for 3 days now. I have not done any updates it already has 3:15 version. any help would be great.

WEBE

Although redundant the best advice has often proven to be - get a backup of as much as you can, export setlist by setlist, preset by preset if necessary, do a factory reset, restore backup. Best case scenario of course is if you have a successful previous backup.

If that doesn't work, uninstall Line6 software, reinstall HX Edit 3.15(or latest version) and use it or the Updater to upgrade the firmware. Then rinse and repeat - get a backup, do a factory reset, restore backup.

• Upvote 1