Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go ASIO Driver causes BSOD on Windows

BarkingSpiders

I am experiencing lots of crashes with the POD Go ASIO driver in Windows using Ableton Live 11. Recording goes fine until you switch off the power of the POD Go. That will almost always result in a fatal blue screen of death. So I'm suspecting a driver fault.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

• Upvote 1

If your computer does not crash when you close the Ableton program before turning off the POD Go, then clearly that’s a simple way to avoid the crash.

As for the cause and a solution you may be right that the problem is the Line 6 driver. I would open a support ticket with Line 6.

It could also be a Windows problem, or an Ableton problem, or a conflict with one of any other usb device drivers on your system. You should also explore those possibilities if you really want a fix. Personally, I would just avoid the problem.

• Like 1

I have a 12 year old VAIO I use for the HX most of the time. Turning off power management did the trick for me. Another way to approach this is to create a DAW hardware profile. You can actually do quite a bit to optimize your Windows computer for DAW use. Often, power management on the USB controller can cause problems when the device is in streaming mode. The meaning is the driver is not likely complying with power management rules and not shutting down clean...Outside of tweaking the power profile, you can shut down services that are not needed (anti-virus, NIC, swap file settings, etc...). It's a bit of a pain rebooting into a DAW profile, but I find it makes for stable sessions on windows on a multi-use machine...Line 6 isn't the only vendor with problems in their power management implementation....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:22 PM, px920906 said:

same here with studio one.

also I can't turn the computer into hibernate mode with the daw & pod go running, otherwise BSOD when wake up.

same applies to hx stomp...

my another usb audio interface works fine though.

This is what I noticed too. It's not just unplugging it; it is also setting my computer to sleep which might cause the crash. In any case: I opened a ticket at the Line 6 support team and hopefully they are able to relay this to the dev team.

• 1 year later...

This exact problem is happening to me as well (BSOD if I turned off Pod Go while Ableton Live 11 was open). Just came here to say that I was running that latest driver, Version 1.97.0.2, released 12/1/22, which was supposed to have fixed a BSOD issue. But it appears a driver issue still exists.

BlueScreenView gives the following information on the latest crash (or see attached screen snippet for easier reading):

122923-9515-01.dmp    12/29/2023 3:31:17 PM    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED    0x1000007e    ffffffff`c0000005    fffff803`70d85196    fffff38d`73916b98    fffff38d`739163d0    l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys    l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys+308f                    x64    ks.sys+5196                    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122923-9515-01.dmp    12    15    19041    3,169,644    12/29/2023 3:32:38 PM    

bluescreenview_snippet.png