Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR could not be found in Impulse Library

justinmlsaw

Hi guys, want to know if anyone else ran into a similar issue. I recently purchased a patch that comes with a custom IR, and initially didn't know which slot the IR should be installed in until after I loaded one of the patches (it wasn't stated in the manual). After that, I tried loading the other patches which uses the same IR from the same slot, but almost every patch kept displaying this error although there is sound coming out from these patches. Only about 2-3 patches worked fine. My firmware is up to date (version 1.30 on both) and tried replacing the patches but it still shows this error message. Am I missing anything?

error.jpg

Hi silverhead, thanks for your reply. Yes I tried restarting my Pod Go and also my laptop, but the message kept appearing whenever I switch to the affected patches. And oddly enough, a few of them do not have this issue even though this group of patches use the same IR.

Yeah normally the IR needs to be in a particular slot to work, as described in the patch description.

I don't recall if the Go validates just the slot # or if there is also the IR name saved in the patch, and if both don't concord, error message.  Either way, if the correct IR is on the right IR slot, and when you open the patch you can see that the correct IR is selected, just saving the patch should fix the issue, and if it isn't the correct IR, just select the right one and save.  If you don't have dozens of patches to fix, just fixing them manually would be faster than wasting more time looking to fix/troubleshoot the issue!

i get that same message every now and again and its with presets that i think the ir isn't saved to....so what i do is always load the irs first...some require an exact location some dont...then i just resave as grdg033 said...there are certain things i have noticed with loading presets and that happens when the ir is loaded first and i do believe the person who made the preset forgot to save the ir to the preset....so its a simple fix...the one i cant figure out is when ya load irs and it gives a memory issue error message but they work in say other ir loaders or in my daw,,,have yet to figure that one out...had that happen with 2 presets-irs only...and they were free ones from youtube

This issue is so frustrating... I have tried to open a downloaded file however there is NEVER and IR in the download... NOT USER FRIENDLY.  So, if I encounter a tone that had some mystical IR that isnt there, I just delete it and move on.  I need to research YouTube and see what I'm missing. 

Silly question, sorry - but you definitely have saved the IR in your IR folder?

I'd suggest uninstalling the patches and IR, and re-install the IR file and then reload the patch to see if it now recognises the IR.  

If this doesn't solve it, although each patch allegedly uses the same IR, have you checked that the IR name in each patch you bought is identical?  - it only needs to have one character different or an extra space, and Pod Go won't recognise it.  Even if the name looks the same, try loading the IR's down into your IR folder individually (so you might have 2 or 3 with the same name) and see if the patch then 'gravitates' to one or other of the 'same' IR.  

On 3/30/2022 at 10:00 PM, grdGo33 said:

Yeah normally the IR needs to be in a particular slot to work, as described in the patch description.

I don't recall if the Go validates just the slot # or if there is also the IR name saved in the patch, and if both don't concord, error message.  Either way, if the correct IR is on the right IR slot, and when you open the patch you can see that the correct IR is selected, just saving the patch should fix the issue, and if it isn't the correct IR, just select the right one and save.  If you don't have dozens of patches to fix, just fixing them manually would be faster than wasting more time looking to fix/troubleshoot the issue!

Hi grdGo33, from other patches I've tried, I believe it only validates the slot # unless version 1.30 actually requires to validate both. I learned this from buying other patches where you can always load the patch first if you don't know which slot to place the IR, then the cabinet settings will show you the exact slot #. But weird thing is that this issue doesn't happen in other patches I purchased, only this new one that I recently purchased. And yes I did manually save each one just to be sure, but the error message still pops up.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:37 PM, chugzilla said:

i get that same message every now and again and its with presets that i think the ir isn't saved to....so what i do is always load the irs first...some require an exact location some dont...then i just resave as grdg033 said...there are certain things i have noticed with loading presets and that happens when the ir is loaded first and i do believe the person who made the preset forgot to save the ir to the preset....so its a simple fix...the one i cant figure out is when ya load irs and it gives a memory issue error message but they work in say other ir loaders or in my daw,,,have yet to figure that one out...had that happen with 2 presets-irs only...and they were free ones from youtube

Hi chugzilla, I loaded the first patch before the IR as the creator did not specify which slot the IR is supposed to be in, but the other 10 patches were imported after I saved the IR in the correct slot. And from checking all other patches, they seem to be using the same slot #.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:48 AM, voxman55 said:

Silly question, sorry - but you definitely have saved the IR in your IR folder?

I'd suggest uninstalling the patches and IR, and re-install the IR file and then reload the patch to see if it now recognises the IR.  

If this doesn't solve it, although each patch allegedly uses the same IR, have you checked that the IR name in each patch you bought is identical?  - it only needs to have one character different or an extra space, and Pod Go won't recognise it.  Even if the name looks the same, try loading the IR's down into your IR folder individually (so you might have 2 or 3 with the same name) and see if the patch then 'gravitates' to one or other of the 'same' IR.  

Hi voxman55, yes I have the IR saved in the folder already. Ok will try this out, thanks!