Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod go volume knob

chugzilla

wanted to know what other users do....do you use the volume knob on your amp to control your overall volume or the one on the pod go ? i normally keep mine off on the pod go by using the main out setting in global settings and run amp out to the front of my orange pedal baby 100 and say at normal practice level the orange is set on 1.....then yesterday i started thinking about what if i set it to amp out in global and use the pod go volume knob and set the orange amp volume to say 5 as a starting point then just slightly increase the pod go volume till i get desired volume...now one thing i noticed doing this is the volume knob is very inaccurate you can have it at say 9 o clock position and just tap it and it gets louder...its a shame it isnt exact...it should be exact and precise but its not....i dont seem to notice it as much using headphones....and of course i know the channel volume and master volume of the given amp im using plays into this...so with that being said i mainly leave both at 2.0 that seems to be a sweet spot for me....who woulda thought having to many volume controls would cause this much confusion....and now all this sounds great at low volumes i have never had the opportunity yet to crank it up past 1....maybe 1.5... im in a 10x15 area in my basement and there is always somebody home lol....so yeah gimme your feedback guys.....gals...ect...lol

It depends on the amp....Class A typically will not have a master volume, so gotta do it on the pedal..If the amp can do it, I fix the output of the pedal...More typically I use an FRFR monitor...AMP OUT is fixed level for a DI and Main out(s) drive my monitor(s)...just depends on the situation.