Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod go combined with hx stomp

chugzilla

ok so here is what i wanna do...instead of selling my pod go and buying a helix lt i came up with this idea.....using the pod go for volume..wah and digital effects...then the hx stomp for the dual distortion option and gate and overdrives..eqs..ect....what would be the best way to hook them up...hx stomp into the pod go fx loop ? or the other way around ? and would i use trs cables or regular ones ? and then finally where would the fx loop sit in the preset chain for this to work the right way ? if anyone has the answer let me know...

When I had a GO, I thought very seriously about doing something like that. But I was looking at Source Audio stuff to integrate with the GO...I would say just put the stomp in the GO loop...You would need one insert cable and two short 1/4 cables...Since they are so short, balancing isn't needed. I would guess the loop block would go whereever your amp block is usually in the GO chain...so the stomp is the amp chain...

The main reason that I moved from the GO to the Stomp XL is that I wanted the same control layout like the GO, but with midi...I thought seriously about getting an embedded USB host to get midi going in the GO, but ultimately that would have been a real pain to pull off and maintain. 

I am not into double tapping on a preset change...But if you really like the GO, I think that could work pretty decently. If you want it seamless and just about anyway you want it, LT or full helix is the way to go I think.

yep and i get it...sure the helix lt would be the  easier way to go..but right now mf has the stomp xl on sale 100 bux off with 48 month financing thats a steal ..so both units combined cost less than the lt and i dont have to try n sell the pod go n all that hassle and i believe the 2 of these combined are almost as good....now with that being said i was looking at the stomp xl manual and they even show a way of hooking up like i wanna...but i see one thing the pod go doesnt have they show in the diagram....it may not even matter lol...but if ya look they show the 2 inputs and the send and return from the stomp xl going to n from the multi fx in the scematic in the stomp xl owners manual....so with the pod go it would be one and one....thats the only confusing part and they dont tell ya much lol