Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which Editing Software Do You Use On Recordings From The M20d?

Just got my 2nd L3T to go with my JTV 69 and HD 500x... Traded in 2 Mackie 450v2s and an 1801 sub. I currently am using a Presonus 16.4.2 and got the Studio One Professional software to go with it...

Wondering if the files from the M20D can be edited by the Presonus software. I actually was able to do some nice recordings with it, and have some $$ invested in it, so as I think of going to the M20D I'm wondering if I also need different software.

Thanks!

Larry

Ableton Live 9 Suite. Just because i already had it.

The files recorded on SD card are standard 24 bit/48 kHz .wav format,

so every serious DAW should be able to handle that.

Kind regards,

Tom

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been using Adobe Audition for a while now; but just recently made the leap to ProTools 11. I am definitely up against a steep learning curve! I guess there is something to be said for shaking up the comfort zone on these types of things.

But yeah, the 24/48 is pretty standard. I know, at least with Adobe Audition, that when I record 24/48 with my Tascam, I end up having to save them out as some kind of 32 bit, so it can write a .pk file, which allows to quick load into saved sessions. Not sure how other software handles that kind of thing; and quite frankly, not entirely sure what the difference is, nor do I know how the M20d handles the .wav files it saves; likely similar to what my Tascam does, though I can't yet confirm that.

I have used both Reaper and Cakewalk (Sonar-light) with M20d-produced WAV files. No problem. I agree with case67 - any reasonable DAW will handle the files.

But I haven't tried manipulating the WAV files in a DAW and then attempting to export them in WAV format back onto the SD card for playback through the M20d again. I doubt that would work; the M20d would likely not accept any wav files that it did not produce - but that's just my guess. Once things are in the DAW they likely have to stay there.

Thanks so much to all who contributed to this question!  Helpful board!!

Digital-Sound - I was hoping you would chime in as I knew you were a Presonus user as well... 

Still trying to get my head around it a little. With the Presonus board, the board itself is the recording surface and what you do there affects the files - which you are recording in and through the DAW. With the M20d, I guess you just load the files into the DAW.

Thanks again,all, for your input!

Larry