Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix pitch effects question

Michi2199

Hi everybody !

I am using currently HX Stomp and I really love how simple and dual pitch blocks sound ( which may be strange to some people ).

The reason is that they have no noticable latency or pre-delay. I recently compared it to Micro Pog and the Pog had a noticable lag ( compareable to Dual Pitch set with delay option to 20ms).  I know that polyphonic pitch shifters is all about latency vs preciseness and I love that not really precise ( when playing chords ) but very fast sound of HX Stomp pitch shifters. 

I use them only for octaves and only in monophonic way.

To the point - I look for a pedal for one of my pedalboards which would be very close to what HX Stomp Dual/Simple pitch sound like. Unfortunaetly I cannot put HX Stomp on my pedalboard due to the space limitations. Do you maybe know what pedal was those pitch shifters based on ? What pedal would be the closest ? 

I will be really grateful for help because I would die to get that tone on my pedalboard in one single pedal.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:56 AM, Michi2199 said:

I use them only for octaves and only in monophonic way.

If you only need 1 or 2 octaves DOWN.... then the BOSS Octave pedals might work for you. 

I have no suggestions if you need something simple that does an octave up.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, codamedia said:

If you only need 1 or 2 octaves DOWN.... then the BOSS Octave pedals might work for you. 

I have no suggestions if you need something simple that does an octave up.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:16 PM, silverhead said:

Those models are Line 6 originals, meaning not based on any real world analog pedals.

Thank you for reply. Does Line 6 M5 contain the same single and dual pitch shifter ? That would be an ideal option.

• 1 month later...

I think I’m in the opposite camp of the OP -- I don't mind a little lag/delay, but I am quite disappointed in the tracking/preciseness of poly shifts (chords, more than one note). I’m a bassist, and often play chords, double-stops, etc. on jazz gigs. On my rock gigs, one sound I definitely need to emulate is the Pearl Jam 'Jeremy' 8-string sound. I could get a really good emulation with the E-H Pitchfork+.  I can get a similar sound on the Helix LT, but playing more than one note at a time - especially something other than  an octave - causes tracking glitches and wavering tones. It's actually pretty un-usable. Try playing the intro with the harmonics and you'll see what I mean.
Has anyone found a preset (or hopefully Line6 could try to emulate the Pitchfork+?) that offers better polyphonic tracking? I’m mostly successful on replacing my full pedalboard setup with the LT, all except for this one issue. But it’s an important one for me.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:29 AM, kurtlorence said:

I think I’m in the opposite camp of the OP -- I don't mind a little lag/delay, but I am quite disappointed in the tracking/preciseness of poly shifts (chords, more than one note). I’m a bassist, and often play chords, double-stops, etc. on jazz gigs. On my rock gigs, one sound I definitely need to emulate is the Pearl Jam 'Jeremy' 8-string sound. I could get a really good emulation with the E-H Pitchfork+.  I can get a similar sound on the Helix LT, but playing more than one note at a time - especially something other than  an octave - causes tracking glitches and wavering tones. It's actually pretty un-usable. Try playing the intro with the harmonics and you'll see what I mean.
Has anyone found a preset (or hopefully Line6 could try to emulate the Pitchfork+?) that offers better polyphonic tracking? I’m mostly successful on replacing my full pedalboard setup with the LT, all except for this one issue. But it’s an important one for me.

I can see how the tracking would be off with bass chords. The Poly effects are not really optimized for that, and that’s probably a worse case scenario as far as tracking.