Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HP Stomp XL: Preset vs Footswitch mode

ry1633

I just got a new HP Stomp XL a few weeks ago and am learning it.  I am comparing Preset Mode vs Footswitch mode and trying to see which meets my needs the best.  Honestly I like both.   I was wondering if there's a way to integrate bank scrolling into Footswitch Mode or not?

Also, for anyone who has added an external 2-button footswitch to give you more options, which one would be a good one to consider?

You can go into Global Settings, Footswitch and change Stomp Mode from 6 to 4. Then switches 1 and 4 will always be bank up and bank down. And the screen switches to preset mode automatically. The problem is, it changes the bank, so if you want a preset in the same bank, you have to press up then down, or down then up. Also, for me the bigger issue is losing 2 stomp switches. I'd rather just press the Mode switch when I want to change the preset. An external FS will show up as 7 and 8 , and then you're back to 6. I haven't used external switches with my XL, but I would just google it. There are a lot of places (e.g. youtube, the gearpage, etc) where people have ask/answered that question and on this forum, you'll get a limited number of answers. 

thanks- that's very helpful.  I will have to continue to play around with it.  I can see benefits to either mode,  I'll have to learn more about each.  I'm exploring adding a two-button footswitch too.