Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume pedal question

lespool79

I feel like when I go from 0-10% it is essentially silent to full volume and then the 11-100% doesn't really add much.  I've messed with linear and logarithmic but I don't hear much of a difference.  I would like a slower or easier volume swell.  At this point I have to basically do all the movement from 0-10%.. seems odd.

Any thoughts on what im doing wrong?   Line 6 helix.  

Also, check the bypass assignment for the volume pedal. If it's set to exp 1 or 2, you might be turning the volume pedal on and off by moving rather than controlling the volume. Should be set to Exp Toe (if want to be able to turned it on and off) or none. I love this setting for Wah pedals so it's off in heal down position and turns on automatically when you move it. I can't think of a good reason to use it on a volume pedal.

The Vol pedal placement in the signal chain can have a dramatic effect on the tone. When placed before FX blocks such as distortion, or the amp, the pedal reacts similarly to the Vol knob on your guitar. Increasing the level means the FX/amp respond by increasing the amount of grit/crunch in the tone. Similarly, backing off the Vol pedal or guitar Vol knob cleans up the tone.

When the Vol pedal is placed near the end of the signal chain it acts more like an overall volume control and increases the loudness without affecting the tone much if at all depending on what follows it in the chain.

• Upvote 1