Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My PODGO has white screen on start up. Dead.

droonster

On 4/16/2022 at 2:41 PM, droonster said:

Did it right away. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and maybe there is an easier fix then sending off.

Don't have the link, but you can try to reset the unit to factor settings, but if it's 'bricked'; not visible by USB because it crashed at startup, there's also a key shortcut to start the unit in debug mode by pressing some buttons during startup, you could give that a try, it if boots up, maybe you'll have some luck restoring factory settings or something.

Been reading the forums for a while, and I think you're the 1st case of white screen I've seen here yet.

• Like 1

This is straight from Line 6 - although it refers to an update failure, it applies for any 'bricked' situation & should sort the problem if you work through:

Hi,

in case of an update failure:

1. reinstall the latest version of POD Go Edit and Line 6 Updater:
https://line6.com/software/

2. boot the unit into "Update Mode": press and hold PAGE > (page right) and then power on POD Go.

3. reconnect the POD Go via USB to the computer. Use another USB cable and try different USB ports, don't connect to an USB hub.

4. shut down all Line 6 software including POD Go Edit, or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.

5. launch Line 6 Updater only and select "POD Go Unknown version", then (re-)install the latest firmware.

6. perform a factory reset on the POD Go (will delete all user patches, IRs, globals): while holding footswitches C+ D turn on POD Go. Wait for "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets..." to appear and let go.

7. if this should fail, the same procedure should be tried again offline. For this you have to download the latest POD Go flash memory file, then launch Line 6 Updater, choose "Offline Mode", then choose the downloaded flash memory file for the update.

8. if it still fails, it needs to be tested with another computer.

You can update directly from any version to the latest firmware version. In rare cases a gradual update via previous versions may help but normally that's not necessary.

If none of the above should help, the unit should be checked by a service center. But please note that normally, even when an update attempt fails, the unit can returned to operational state with the above procedure.

Best regards
Line 6 / Ampeg Support Europe

On 4/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, voxman55 said:

This is straight from Line 6 - although it refers to an update failure, it applies for any 'bricked' situation & should sort the problem if you work through:

Hi,

in case of an update failure:

1. reinstall the latest version of POD Go Edit and Line 6 Updater:
https://line6.com/software/

2. boot the unit into "Update Mode": press and hold PAGE > (page right) and then power on POD Go.

3. reconnect the POD Go via USB to the computer. Use another USB cable and try different USB ports, don't connect to an USB hub.

4. shut down all Line 6 software including POD Go Edit, or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.

5. launch Line 6 Updater only and select "POD Go Unknown version", then (re-)install the latest firmware.

6. perform a factory reset on the POD Go (will delete all user patches, IRs, globals): while holding footswitches C+ D turn on POD Go. Wait for "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets..." to appear and let go.

7. if this should fail, the same procedure should be tried again offline. For this you have to download the latest POD Go flash memory file, then launch Line 6 Updater, choose "Offline Mode", then choose the downloaded flash memory file for the update.

8. if it still fails, it needs to be tested with another computer.

You can update directly from any version to the latest firmware version. In rare cases a gradual update via previous versions may help but normally that's not necessary.

If none of the above should help, the unit should be checked by a service center. But please note that normally, even when an update attempt fails, the unit can returned to operational state with the above procedure.

Best regards
Line 6 / Ampeg Support Europe

Yeah it is pooched. It doesn't start up for EDIT to even recognize it so I can't even try to update it or anything. 'no device detected'. I've tried all the recommended factory resets and what have you as I posted this on a couple of PODGO Facebook pages as well. Line6 support replied to my ticket and basically was no help. They told me to take it to service center and really didn't say what the problem could be or offer any potential ways to try and fix it on my own first. The groups are offering more support which is weird because the last time I had a problem 6-7 years ago with an amp they really helped out. I get the sense the want nothing to do with this.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:49 AM, droonster said:

Yeah it is pooched. It doesn't start up for EDIT to even recognize it so I can't even try to update it or anything. 'no device detected'. I've tried all the recommended factory resets and what have you as I posted this on a couple of PODGO Facebook pages as well. Line6 support replied to my ticket and basically was no help. They told me to take it to service center and really didn't say what the problem could be or offer any potential ways to try and fix it on my own first. The groups are offering more support which is weird because the last time I had a problem 6-7 years ago with an amp they really helped out. I get the sense the want nothing to do with this.

Bummer - but have you tried the off-line method?  And have you tried it with a different computer - preferably a PC not a MAC?

On 4/20/2022 at 9:37 AM, voxman55 said:

Bummer - but have you tried the off-line method?  And have you tried it with a different computer - preferably a PC not a MAC?

I'm not sure what you mean. Plugged into USB or not, it doesn't do anything but show a white screen so there is nothing I can even try to do. $600.00 down the crapper for about 30-40 hours use. Just so disheartening.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, droonster said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Plugged into USB or not, it doesn't do anything but show a white screen so there is nothing I can even try to do. $600.00 down the crapper for about 30-40 hours use. Just so disheartening.

Not necessarily - have you contacted Line 6 Support and raised a ticket with them?  Regardless of warranty they should still be able to help you get it back running or arrange a replacement. 

If you can't get anywhere with Line 6 support you should contact the Line 6 distributor in your country?   They should be able to replace the unit.  If all else fails, contact Frank Ritchotte at Line 6 - Frank is a terrific guy, and is Senior Director of Operations at Yamaha Guitar Group (Yamaha owns Line 6) and I have every confidence that Frank will get it sorted for you regardless of warranty.  Frank is on Linked-In:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frank-ritchotte-42865b5/

But try the offline method - it works slightly differently because you're not relying on a data stream through the internet but a direct input into Pod Go.  Whilst I sympathise with your difficulty, if you are not following all the instructions that I sent you, which comes straight from Line 6, you're not helping yourself.  Also, if it genuinely doesn't work after a couple of attempts then you can 'paste' the instructions back to them, confirm that you tried everything, feed back what you saw Pod Go do/not do at each stage, and then they won't waste your time sending the same instructions to you.  But Line 6 say the offline route fixes 95% of all bricked problems - so follow the instructions exactly.

As I said, I sympathise - but WORK THE PROBLEM - there's lots you can be doing to help yourself get this sorted and Line 6 customer support is arguably one of the best around, but sitting there moaning that you've blown $600 ain't one of them!  Sorry, but time for some (well intentioned) 'tough love' I think!  :aok

Let us know how you get on! :dude

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, bassman1258 said:

Thank you Voxman, I have been tearing my hair out  after attempting to update to 2.0 new version and getting the blank start up screen. Got my unit back on now with the original 1.40 version. As you said I had to do it exactly as you described.

Having this problem currently while trying to update to 2.0. Did you revert in offline mode via the updater, or did you do something else? Right now when mePodGo tries to boot it gets stuck on a loading screen - booting in update mode doesn't work, nor does a factory reset. I downloaded the firmware file from Line 6 and downloaded the Line 6 Updater, but am not sure where to go from here. I opened it in offline mode, but neither my Mac nor PC will recognize that the PG is even plugged in, therefore the Line 6 apps won't recognize the device either. Not entirely sure what to do here, any advice helps!

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. Everything was totally fine until last week. I powered it up and it was stuck on the white screen. Have tried everything and nothing works. Won't respond to any resets, isn't being recognized by multiple different computers and cables. Line 6 sent same instructions that have been posted here. 

Any new ideas?

• 2 weeks later...