Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

software updates

abaxe

So I occasionally check here for random updates and I noticed several updates for the L6 updater. I'm not sure I need it but haven't been able to install any recent updates of the updater for a while now. not sure why...?  anyway I'm using an older MacBook air with macOS Monterey 12.2.1... any thoughts?

On 4/17/2022 at 6:35 AM, abaxe said:

any thoughts?

Hi,

A couple of points - you really don’t need to check here for “random updates”. Essentially this Is the last place to hear about Firmware updates - TGP is the place for that sort of thing.

If you have the latest version of HX Edit installed on your MacBook, while you are connected to the internet, it will check for any updates that become available. Plus, HX Edit should then take care of any download, and the installation of all software - including the Updater app - required to update your hardware. This all works in the background and is supposed to make everyone’s lives easier, with less of those “Update bricked my Helix” posts from people who don’t follow installation instructions.

The only time that you would specifically need to use the Line 6 Updater utility is if you suffer a failure of the automatic firmware installation and you have to put the hardware into “Safe Boot” mode to fix it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...