Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Loop erase/clear on HX Stomp?

TomGriesgraber

Hi all,

I'm just starting to work with the looper in the HX Stomp. I've set up command center to have the three buttons as: Play/Stop, Rec/OD, Undo   Is there a way though to have a basic erase/clear/reset for the looper? I know in the one button looper setup it's simple, like (I may be remembering wrong) double click and hold? But I'm not sure there's a function like that with the Command Center 3 button setup? 

Also, is there a way to setup one of the connected Expression pedals to control the loop output volume? Or is there a MIDI CC number that does that? 

Thanks much!

Tom

On 4/20/2022 at 3:47 AM, TomGriesgraber said:

Hi all,

I'm just starting to work with the looper in the HX Stomp. I've set up command center to have the three buttons as: Play/Stop, Rec/OD, Undo   Is there a way though to have a basic erase/clear/reset for the looper? I know in the one button looper setup it's simple, like (I may be remembering wrong) double click and hold? But I'm not sure there's a function like that with the Command Center 3 button setup? 

Also, is there a way to setup one of the connected Expression pedals to control the loop output volume? Or is there a MIDI CC number that does that? 

Thanks much!

Tom

Unfortunately there is not a dedicated erase command for the Looper. If you loop has been stopped, as soon as you press rec again, previous one is gone and new is being recorded. It's a bummer, but it is what it is. Never tried that myself as I don't use that looper, but maybe you can program a sequence of CCs to simulate a Stop/Rec/Play/Stop. Not sure if this make sense tho, since - as said above - as soon as you press record after a loop stop, it's starting with a new loop anyway.

As for the output volume of the loop, you could simply assign the Exp pedal to control the Playback parameter of the looper block. There is not a reserved CC for that, so you have to assign it within the block. I guess you could then save that looper block with the exp assignment as fav.

• Upvote 1