Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using PodGoEdit without the device connected

OmegaSlayer

I was thinking if there's a chance that Line6 could provide a version of PodGo Edit that works without the PodGo connected.

I use the same laptop for work and at home, and in the dead moments of work (I'm a trader and I work on my own, so I'm my own boss) I could try to replicate some presets that I see on youtube, and spare some time at home, but I can't.

The other day I spent half a day to level my presets, because with the amp I had set each preset output between -15 and -20 db and with the FRFR speaker I wanted to put them all in the 0 (flat) db output...something I could have done at work in the spare time, but I had to resort to a holiday.  

For people like me (but I don't know how many would actually use the feature) it would be something awesome and a great time saver.

I would open an Ideascale post, but I'm not good enough in English to sum it up cleanly with fewer words

• Like 1

I don’t know if this suggestion is already on Ideascale but I’d be surprised if it isn’t. It’s a nice feature to have, and was available in the POD HD product series.

it caused synchronization issues and lost updates between the memory states of the Edit program and the POD HD device, especially in situations where users would make changes using both the editor and the device during the same session. This feature was not carried forward into the Helix or POD Go products. Not to say it won’t be done again, but just to say that Line 6 made a conscious decision to drop it.

• Like 1

Can't be done because of the complexity of Helix/Pod Go, the way that DSP is managed, and the fixed block design of Pod Go. Pod Go Edit is just an interface with Pod Go and is simply a reflection of what happens in Pod Go - its Pod Go's CPU that does all the processing algorithms & DSP determinations. That can't be done from a free-standing edit program.

Edit programs for simpler units, like my Vox Tonelab SE/LE can do this because the DSP restrictions are built in & preset so regardless of the amp, cab, FX selected there's no impact on DSP.  It also has way less models and parameters with minimal FX chain control than Helix/Pod Go so hence its a modest 'finite' model re the changes you can make.  With Pod Go & Helix it's a near infinitely varying model that gets evermore complex with every upgrade. 

Similarly there is no freestanding edit software available for any current 'Helix type' MFX that uses similar more complex algorithms & DSP 'dynamisation'.   

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, voxman55 said:

Can't be done because of the complexity of Helix/Pod Go, the way that DSP is managed, and the fixed block design of Pod Go. Pod Go Edit is just an interface with Pod Go and is simply a reflection of what happens in Pod Go - its Pod Go's CPU that does all the processing algorithms & DSP determinations. That can't be done from a free-standing edit program.

Edit programs for simpler units, like my Vox Tonelab SE/LE can do this because the DSP restrictions are built in & preset so regardless of the amp, cab, FX selected there's no impact on DSP.  It also has way less models and parameters with minimal FX chain control than Helix/Pod Go so hence its a modest 'finite' model re the changes you can make.  With Pod Go & Helix it's a near infinitely varying model that gets evermore complex with every upgrade. 

Similarly there is no freestanding edit software available for any current 'Helix type' MFX that uses similar more complex algorithms & DSP 'dynamisation'.   

You killed me without giving me the chance of the last cigarette :)