Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Opinion on L6 solid state line of amp's

lissitzky

I'm giving my insight on these latest line "catalyst" of SS L6 modeling amps and that is..  Put a Celestion speaker in these like the spider amps had the full range speakers just don't get that saturation at higher volumes and tone is lost it's still a guitar amp even the cleaner crunch would benefit from the celestion tone ditch the cab models add some fx distortion pedals you have 30 mic models and only three cab models??? and 6 pitch fx pedals??? why.. the success of the spider amps were the custom celestion speakers that gave it that tone you need to recapture that idea even if it's a more cleaner warmer tones would benefit from the celestion tone.. You can just replace the speaker right solid state amps are what they are but my opinion is that L6 could have deleted the mic models and cab effect and so many pitch effects and put that effort and money into a celestion tone  

After playing my Catalyst 100 every day for 3 weeks, my opinion is the exact opposite on every point.

Best bang for the buck of any modeling amp I've come across.

It sounds like what you really want is a Spider. Or something else that doesn't actually exist.

If you want a different amp, why did you buy a Catalyst? Or did you?

My only complaint with the Catalyst is that you can't disable the cab sim on the XLR out.

Since the 3 cab sims sound fine, and the mics actually affect the sound in a meaningful way, I can live with it.

For $400, it ticks all the rest of the boxes.

• Upvote 1

I think a firmware update, if possible, would be to have the reverb slot/button behave just like the effect button. i.e. be able to load a different effect. I don’t always need reverb, would love to be able to have chorus and delay at the same time. Two effects buttons would offer more diversity. Please consider Line6.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:01 AM, TonyGros said:

I think a firmware update, if possible, would be to have the reverb slot/button behave just like the effect button. i.e. be able to load a different effect. I don’t always need reverb, would love to be able to have chorus and delay at the same time. Two effects buttons would offer more diversity. Please consider Line6.

Wrong forum. Nobody from Line6 Monitors this forum.

This is where you go if you're serious about suggestions for changes and improvements:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting a new idea, please search to see if it's already been proposed. If 100 people vote on the same idea presented 20 different ways, it looks like only 5 people care about it!

Also, post your ideas one at a time. I for one NEVER vote for multiple combined suggestions.

• Upvote 1