Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No longer able to connect Amplifi Remote app Android : Resolved

MarkBarrettCA

Hi, 

I am no longer able to connect Amplifi Remote app on Android. I always get a "There seems to be a problem with you Internet Connection".  I do have internet on my devices (android phone and tablet) . I have rebooted the devices and the issue persists. I can log into my Line 6 account on the web with the same credential I use in the app so I know my username/password credentials are valid. 

The issue started on my phone. My tablet continued to work until I signed out of the amplifi remote app and attempted to log in again. Then the above error started on my tablet as well.

Anyone else experience issues logging into the Amplifi remote app? The issue started for me last night (April 20, 2022 at about 8pm Atlantic).

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: originally posted this affected my IOS device but it does seem to work for app login. It cant maintain a good bluetooth connection but that's another story. 

• MarkBarrettCA changed the title to No longer able to connect Amplifi Remote app Android

Hallo,

ich habe das gleiche Problem wie Mark seit gestern. Der Login auf meinem Androidgerät funktioniert nicht mehr („There seems  to be a problem with your internet connection“). Die Logindaten stimmen aber (ich kann mich am PC bei line6.com anmelden und über das iPad funktioniert der login auch) und die Internetverbindung ist auch in Ordnung.

Ich hoffe, dass jemand eine Lösung hat.

Danke und freundliche Grüße
Marc

I try in english (wich is hard for me as a german, who never really had listened to the english-teacher in school ;-):
I have the same problem since yesterday. The login does  not work on my Android smartphone. Username and password  are correct and i have no Problems with Internetconnectivity.

Thanks to anybody, who has a solution, Marc with a „c“

I'm having this same issue.  I've also noticed that for android devices that are still 'logged in' that tone search function no longer works.  It just spins "Retrieving tones".  Seems like the Line 6 AMPLIFI Remote service endpoint is down.  Would be nice to get Line 6 to take a look and fix.

Hi,

I also have exactly the same problem on 3 different Android devices (Andoid 7, 9 and 10 versions), using different ways to connect to the internet.  It worked untill a couple of days ago.  If you did not log out it seemed to work, but finding tones did not work anymore.  So that problem is also the same.  The app starts but in the background it does not connect with Line 6.  It has nothing to do with the internet connection.  If you disconnect internet it gives another error: No connection.

On my iPhone it still works !

So, the conclusion is that the problem hits all Android users.  iPhone users have no problems.

If someone had a solution we all would be very happy.

Pim.

Tone Search hasn't worked for me for as long as I can remember.

I tried logging out and back in today but I'm getting the same "there seems to be something wrong with your internet connection" error message when trying to log in.

Because I'm now logged out I cannot access My Tones or Tone Search.

I'm in the UK and have submitted a ticket here so will see what feedback I get and share if it helps.

I'm running Amplifi Remote v2.61.0 on Android 11, have also tried v2.61.0 on BlueStacks running Android 5 & 11 with same issue.

Can't login to both Amplifi and Firehawk. I have lots of Line 6 products but I'm fed up with all the issues I have with them. If this isn't fixed quickly every thing will go on Craig's list. I was considering buying the Catalyst but now I won't. I'm going to try Boss or Fender instead.

On 4/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, shagdogs said:

Can't login to both Amplifi and Firehawk. I have lots of Line 6 products but I'm fed up with all the issues I have with them. If this isn't fixed quickly every thing will go on Craig's list. I was considering buying the Catalyst but now I won't. I'm going to try Boss or Fender instead.

Yeah this has stumped me and so much I want to do musically.

I've now hooked up my VOX and pedals (old school!?!), and if this isn't fixed over the next few weeks I'm selling up my Line6 gear and sticking to what works every time.

Good news, I am now able to log into the Amplifi Remote app on Android. 

I still haven't head back on the ticket I opened with Line6 last Friday, but at least it's working again. 

Update: just got an email from support saying they are working on it, but it's already working for me! 

• MarkBarrettCA changed the title to No longer able to connect Amplifi Remote app Android : Resolved
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:27 AM, MarkBarrettCA said:

Good news, I am now able to log into the Amplifi Remote app on Android. 

I still haven't head back on the ticket I opened with Line6 last Friday, but at least it's working again. 

Update: just got an email from support saying they are working on it, but it's already working for me! 

AmpliFi's App issue got solved I think, because I am also able to log into easily in the app.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For what it's worth, same problem here.  Ultimate solution was to uninstall and re-install the Line 6 app on my Android phone.  I tried a factory reset as well as downgrading and upgrading firmware, etc.  Nothing else worked for me.  Looks like it is working now.  Also, by re-installing the app, I had to re-login to the Line 6 account.  Not sure what made the ultimate difference.  Your mileage may vary.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, nbonini said:

For what it's worth, same problem here.  Ultimate solution was to uninstall and re-install the Line 6 app on my Android phone.  I tried a factory reset as well as downgrading and upgrading firmware, etc.  Nothing else worked for me.  Looks like it is working now.  Also, by re-installing the app, I had to re-login to the Line 6 account.  Not sure what made the ultimate difference.  Your mileage may vary.

A more concrete question, have you tried doing this from another phone? That has never been used or logged in.

For marc1976; I noticed that you write quite hard in English, for me this was also quite hard, I think you should try https://edubirdie.com/proofreading-services because this proofreading service helped me a lot to learn the language and how to write in English; I used to write and these guys corrected me very well and showed me the mistakes and through this I managed to learn the language and how to write it.

• 3 months later...

This is poor service. The issue appears to be that ssl certificates have not been updated, which is really simple apparently. It's rendered the pedal almost useless. Poor poor service and bad reputationally considering it is an easy fix. 

On 7/11/2023 at 1:51 PM, djgriz said:

This is poor service. The issue appears to be that ssl certificates have not been updated, which is really simple apparently. It's rendered the pedal almost useless. Poor poor service and bad reputationally considering it is an easy fix. 

That’s quite a leap! From ‘simple apparently’ to ‘easy fix’ in two sentences. Your sources for the apparent simplicity and ease of fixing?

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:42 PM, MarkBarrettCA said:

Hi, 

I am no longer able to connect Amplifi Remote app on Android. I always get a "There seems to be a problem with you Internet Connection".  I do have internet on my devices (android phone and tablet) . I have rebooted the devices and the issue persists. I can log into my Line 6 account on the web with the same credential I use in the app so I know my username/password credentials are valid. 

The issue started on my phone. My tablet continued to work until I signed out of the amplifi remote app and attempted to log in again. Then the above error started on my tablet as well.

Anyone else experience issues logging into the Amplifi remote app? The issue started for me last night (April 20, 2022 at about 8pm Atlantic).

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: originally posted this affected my IOS device but it does seem to work for app login. It cant maintain a good bluetooth connection but that's another story. 

Make sure the internet connection on your device is reliable. Try opening other apps or browsers to ensure that you can access the Internet properly. On your Android device, try clearing the cache of the Amplifi Remote app. You can find this option in Settings > Applications > Amplifi Remote. Clearing the cache may help resolve the temporary issue. Make sure you have the latest version of the Amplifi Remote app. Search for the app in the Google Play shop and check for available updates. Installing the latest version may fix known issues. Try restarting your router, modem or Amplifi device. Sometimes, restarting these devices can fix network connectivity issues. If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Amplifi Remote application. This may eliminate any potential installation issues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 10:30 AM, wudier said:

Make sure the internet connection on your device is reliable. Try opening other apps or browsers to ensure that you can access the Internet properly. On your Android device, try clearing the cache of the Amplifi Remote app. You can find this option in Settings > Applications > Amplifi Remote. Clearing the cache may help resolve the temporary issue. Make sure you have the latest version of the Amplifi Remote app. Search for the app in the Google Play shop and check for available updates. Installing the latest version may fix known issues. Try restarting your router, modem or Amplifi device. Sometimes, restarting these devices can fix network connectivity issues. If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Amplifi Remote application. This may eliminate any potential installation issues.

Wudier, thanks for the help! I experimented with various solutions, but the one that proved effective was restarting my router! Obviously, the issue lay with my internet connection rather than the Amplifi app. If someone is experiencing this issue, try restarting your router first!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, ChuckNorrisEC said:

I have the same problem on my android device since yesterday, maybe there is a problem with the Line 6 servers. I can´t acces to my tones

Hi friend

I've encountered a similar issue on my Android device, and it seems like it could be a problem with Line 6 servers. Can't access my tones either. Any updates or solutions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 6:46 AM, wowyesokay said:

Getting ready for my secondhand firehawk FX and also hit this issue. Guess I'm relieved that this seems to have just started recently and not a long time issue. Hopefully they can fix it soon. Thanks

I'm having a similar issue with my used Firehawk FX, and it's reassuring to hear it's a recent concern rather than a long-standing one. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution. Thank you for sharing.Fm Whatsapp Apk

On 1/22/2024 at 10:42 AM, Aakriti said:

I'm having a similar issue with my used Firehawk FX, and it's reassuring to hear it's a recent concern rather than a long-standing one. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution. Thank you for sharing.Fm Whatsapp Apk

Depends on what you call ‘recent’.  The post you quoted was from Apr 2022 - nearly two years ago.

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my Firehawk remote – it won't connect to my new phone and indicates an issue with my internet connection. Interestingly, my Amplifi works perfectly with no issues. Seeking assistance, please help me resolve this situation.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I was kindly given a Line6 Amp and told that I'd have so much fun with it when I installed the Amplifi Remote App.

Unfortunately I'm stumped at the very first hurdle

I've tried to install the app on:

- Android Phone - v13

- Android Tablet - v7.7.1

- Windows 10 Laptop

All three have failed to even install the app, saying that the version of Android is not compatible

I'd love some help with this as it sounds like I could be having so much fun with it

Thanks

Michelle