Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Hd500x To Dt25 And Mac/powered Monitors At Same Time?

GazzaBloom

Guys,

I have my PODHD500X connected to DT25 via L6 Link but I want to also connect it to the inputs on my audio interface for recording and monitoring at night at lower volume. However, as the outputs are global and are set to "Combo Pwr Amp" for the DT25 how can I get a simultaneous "Studio/Direct" output via the 1/4 outputs, XLRs, USB etc?

Is it possible or do I need to manually switch output mode every time I go between the 2 setups?

I had hoped that I may be able to create different set lists of patches: 1 set for DT25 and one set for Studio/Direct with the appropriate output setting saved but I'm not sure that the output saves as part of the patch does it? Or do I take a direct out from the DT25? and would I still get all of the cab parameters and stereo etc?

One thing I haven't tried is the S/PDIF outputs as I don't have a cable, would that be the answer? Does the S/PDIF output always stay set at Studio/Direct? The manual suggests it can only be set to "match" the output setting or "dry"

There's a lot to learn on the fine tunings of the PODHD500X/DT25 set up!

Any tips would be appreciated, I just want to be able to seamlessly switch between DT25 output and Studio/Direct depending on what I'm doing without having to change the output setting every time. It would also be useful if the output settings could be switched from HDEdit - I can't see an option for that though.

Gazza

• Upvote 1

**UPDATE**

I now have my PODHD500X connected by S/PDIF to my Mac's firewire audio interface (Focusrite Saffire pro 14) and to my DT25 via L6 Link at the same time. I set the output mode to "studio/direct' and I just power on the POD500HDX to play through my Studio monitors in direct mode for recording, quiet play etc. The clever thing is, when I switch on the DT25, the audio output mode changes to 'Combo Pwr Amp' automatically for some 'amp in the room' power!

Thing is, when I power off the DT25 the output mode switches back to 'studio/direct' automatically: this is exactly what I wanted it to do....now that's clever!

I'm happy.

Gazza

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I connected my PODHD500X with S/PDIF to my RME Multiface Audiointerface and all works great - but, if i connect my DT25 Head with the L6 Link no digital Audio goes thru my soundcard anymore! If i disconnect the L6 Link Cable, the S/PDIF connection works again!

DT25 and the PODHD500X have the newest Firmwares!

Any ideas, how to fix it, so that i can use my digitaly connected soundcard AND my DT25 with the PODHD500X?

Tom

Hi,

I connected my PODHD500X with S/PDIF to my RME Multiface Audiointerface and all works great - but, if i connect my DT25 Head with the L6 Link no digital Audio goes thru my soundcard anymore! If i disconnect the L6 Link Cable, the S/PDIF connection works again!

DT25 and the PODHD500X have the newest Firmwares!

Any ideas, how to fix it, so that i can use my digitaly connected soundcard AND my DT25 with the PODHD500X?

Tom

Tom, I'm not sure on this one. Playing both together isn't something I need. Have you switched your audio interface to sync over s/pdif? Problem I see is that even if you manage to get audio to pass through the s/pdif at the same time as connected to the DT25 then it may not be in studio/direct mode....

I'll have a play on my setup when I get chance.

Gazza

• Upvote 1

Gazza, thanks for your request!

If the DT25 is switched off, the Driver Page of my RME-Audiointerface shows an incoming S/PDIF Signal from the PODHD500X and switches to this as external Sync-Source. When the DT25 is switched on, it switched to internal sync - no S/PDIF Signal anymore! When I switch the DT25 off again, the S/PDIF Signal is again ariving and Sync goes to external!

It would be great, if you can tell me if your system function is the same!

Another Question: If I use the POD Editor On my PC to configure a new Sound, the L6Link connected DT25 is switching often to Channel II, when I doubleclick a new Preset Slot! Do you have the same behaviour?

Tom

Gazza, thanks for your request!

If the DT25 is switched off, the Driver Page of my RME-Audiointerface shows an incoming S/PDIF Signal from the PODHD500X and switches to this as external Sync-Source. When the DT25 is switched on, it switched to internal sync - no S/PDIF Signal anymore! When I switch the DT25 off again, the S/PDIF Signal is again ariving and Sync goes to external!

It would be great, if you can tell me if your system function is the same!

Another Question: If I use the POD Editor On my PC to configure a new Sound, the L6Link connected DT25 is switching often to Channel II, when I doubleclick a new Preset Slot! Do you have the same behaviour?

Tom

Tom,

I can confirm that I cannot get audio over S/PDIF when the DT25 is powered on. Also, my audio interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro14) does not auto switch to S/PDIF sync, but I get audio with the POD with Internal or S/PDIF sync when the DT25 is OFF, as soon as I turn the DT25 on the audio drops off over S/PDIF so it appears that it's one or the other, not both at the same time.

Gazza

• Upvote 1

O.K, so this behaviour is normal!

Also the two XLR Outs are muted when connected to the L6 Link! Only the 1/4" Outs send the Audio (but are switched between Studio/Direct and Git Power Amp with the L6 Link connection!

Tom