Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Third Party Variax Batteries

So I took a chance on a third party Variax battery that was cheaper and also has a slightly higher capacity. I knew it was possibly a gamble, but It SEEMS to work fine. One quirk is that while normally charged batteries get the slow blinking light (like my other original Variax battery), this one gets the fast blinking "faulty battery" light. 

Is it possible that it's just because it's not an official Line 6 battery? I've only used it once so far, but when inserted it shows 4 dots and seems to have a normal duration I think (though I've never tried going more than one gig on a single charge yet).

• 1 year later...

The fast blinking light might indeed be because it's not an official Line 6 battery, and the Variax might have some sort of built-in check for that.
But here's the thing, if it's showing 4 dots and holding up during your gigs, it sounds like it's performing just as well as the original. Plus, you mentioned it has a slightly higher capacity, which could even be a bonus.
Sometimes, these third-party options can be hidden gems. Just keep an eye on it, especially during extended use, to make sure it continues to perform as expected. If it does, you might have found yourself a cost-effective alternative without compromising on quality. You can always check out options like ACE Battery storage solutions for more alternatives.