Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copy Amp Settings

hdoran

I have patches built using an amp/cab combo. I now want to create a patch that has ONLY the amp (no cab) so I can pass the signal to my powerstage 170 and then to real cab.

My current amp/cab patches have great tones and I just want to recreate the amp settings and am too lazy to hand enter them all. Is there a way for me to copy the amp settings when using an amp/cab and then copy them into only an amp block?

On HXS, select the amp block, press ACTION, press COPY Block, go to a new preset, select an empty block, press ACTION, Press PASTE Block.

There's a similar procedure on all of the other Helix devices.

Using HX Edit, RIGHT CLICK the amp Block, select COPY, same procedure.

You can also choose to SAVE the Amp Block as a FAVORITE.

You probably don't want to hear it, but this and much more is described in the MANUAL for your device.

I know, I know... :-)

Sorry, I just re-read your post. No there's no way to copy JUST the amp settings from an Amp/Cab Block.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:28 AM, hdoran said:

…too lazy to hand enter them all. Is there a way for me to copy the amp settings when using an amp/cab and then copy them into only an amp block?

Short answer - No.

This came up recently in this thread:-

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, hdoran said:

My current amp/cab patches have great tones and I just want to recreate the amp settings and am too lazy to hand enter them all. Is there a way for me to copy the amp settings when using an amp/cab and then copy them into only an amp block?

Directly.... no!

Indirectly, Yes!

Get your amp set up the way you want it and save it as a "FAVORITE"

Now replace the amp blocks in the other presets with that "FAVORITE"... it will insert the amp along with the settings you saved. 

Keep in mind if you alter your amp settings they don't carry over to the other presets, you will need to do the whole process again.

It's not a 100% solution, but it certainly serves as a good starting point for me. 

• Upvote 2