Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bug: Snapshots changing parameter values on their own

pipelineaudio1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:00 PM, pipelineaudio1 said:

Is that hold down switches 9-10?

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:02 PM, pipelineaudio1 said:

Gonna give downgrading to 3.11 a try

If you haven't already, try the following before reverting back to 3.11. Did you also do a backup before doing the factory reset and then restore the backup afterwards? The backup restore is also part of the firmware upgrade process. Make sure to restart your Helix after the restore and ensure they have completed the rebuild process. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 5:16 AM, pipelineaudio1 said:

anyone seen this?

When copying presets, the values of certain parameters are changing on their own and then further breaking previously working snapshots with new values. Video included

https://youtu.be/iPZxSZi_sw0

On 4/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, pipelineaudio1 said:

Again though please, is the one they mean the one where you hold down 9 and 10?

I would go for the full factory reset (9&10 on the Helix) and then a restore, given the issue you are experiencing.  Make sure you have a backup first. You may even want to consider restoring the backup that was created when you first did the 3.15 firmware update, in the event that any corruption or unwanted changes have occurred in your presets since then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Anyone seeing this on Helix Floor units recently updated to 3.5?  I work for a conservatory that has 6-8 Helixes (Floor and LT) and in prepping for a show this week we started having this happen even though we were on FM3.5 with all of the units.  I'm going to try a global restore when I get in today on at least one of them and see if that helps but I was curious if this was still a thing.  I'm being told that the same thing happened last year before I worked in the conservatory.

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that I have experienced this behavior with 3.5. I've spent hours trying to track down specific conditions this happens without luck. For me the most consistent issue is the mix parameter of Elephant Man being set to either 100% or 0% in snapshots following a copy/paste from one setlist to another. The mix value for a snapshot in the preset I am copying from will be 20-50% or so and after the paste will turn up at 100% or 0%.  I have experienced the issue with other blocks and other parameters, but not nearly as common. In my workflow, I use one preset per song in full snapshot mode and copy all the presets from a "master" set list to a show specific set list. It about 80 presets at a crack. All done in HX Edit. The result is that I need to test every preset that features Elephant Man prior to each show, which is quite tiresome as it is one of my favorite effects. Until today, I have been unable to find anyone else having this issue. What I haven't tried to do (embarrassingly enough) is export the "master" setlist and import it into a new setlist bank. I'm hoping that solves the problem and will see what happens next time I'm near my unit, but in any case it's a nasty bug (unless I'm missing something about how things are designed to work). 

Have you tried exporting the individual patches (as opposed to exporting the setlist) and then importing each patch you need for the gig instead of a copy paste?  I'd be curious to see if importing the patch prevents the parameter changing.  At least then you'd have a workaround.  You'd have to export all your patches once and then remember to export a patch anytime you make a change, but then before a gig you could just do an import instead of copy/paste.  More work I realize, but hopefully not overly burdensome.

Also, a good idea when you copy and paste presets (or even import them) to restart the Helix before editing those presets as sometimes the presets will go through a rebuild process upon restart, unless this behavior has changed in 3.60. Not sure if this has any impact on errant parameter changes but it can't hurt as a preventative measure.