Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tube amp channel switching latency

rthirdeye

Hey guys I am running a Diezel VH-4 with a Helix Floor. I am running 4 cable method and switching amp channels via midi. When I switch amp channels there is a latency click/pop and the effects don't spill over. Am I doing something wrong? I have seen people say 'oh well thats your a downside of running a multi-effects unit.' Not true, my TC G-System switched flawlessly, cleanly, quietly, and the effects spilled over and trailed off the way they should. Im very frustrated with this, to the point I may seek other gear options.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:31 AM, rthirdeye said:

Hey guys I am running a Diezel VH-4 with a Helix Floor. I am running 4 cable method and switching amp channels via midi. When I switch amp channels there is a latency click/pop and the effects don't spill over. Am I doing something wrong? I have seen people say 'oh well thats your a downside of running a multi-effects unit.' Not true, my TC G-System switched flawlessly, cleanly, quietly, and the effects spilled over and trailed off the way they should. Im very frustrated with this, to the point I may seek other gear options.

Hi,

The Helix floor manual explains “ True Preset Spillover”, and the parameter setting for “Trails” on delay effects etc.

Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English - Pages 21/22 and Page 32

Not sure what is causing the “latency” and/or “click, pop”, but there is also a whole section on MIDI on Pages 72 and 73.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

@rthirdeye

Your post is not 100% clear.  You say you are changing channels on your amp.  This would not change anything in the FX chain. The amp channel would change but everything else in your Helix would stay exactly the same.

It sounds to me like what you are actually doing is changing patch.  ie, one patch has the amp on o

channel 1 and the other patch has the amp on channel 2.  In this case all the settings in Helix could change.

You do not have to change patch to change your amp channel.  You could set this up as a switch, or as a snapshot.

Neither of these requires the spillover feature (which limits you to one chain).  Not saying this is bad...I like the spillover approach as I don't usually use more than 8 blocks at a time.

• Upvote 1