Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No MIDI Accepted from MC3 through UHost?

cchimi

I'm confused.  What is it about the Pod Go Wireless that the manual says it can accept MIDI commands for setlist changes, patch changes, and some other changes by Control Changes, but I can only get it to work using OnSong on my iPad Air?

I'd rather use a pedal, such as the MorningstarFX MC3, MC6MKII, or MC8.  I'd rather have the control at my feet, not at my fingers.

I've got an MC3 hooked up to the Pod Go Wireless right now. It's going through a CME WIDI UHost to mate the USB ports on the two pedals together.  This same setup works great for other devices I have for changing patches, etc.  Why not the Pod Go Wireless?  I can see that data are being send from the UHost to the Pod Go, but the Pod Go makes no response at all.  Yet it works using OnSong through a USB C to USB B cable.  What is going on?  It's clearly something about the Pod Go, something not mentioned anywhere in the manual that I can find.

I've read the other thread here that is roughly on this topic, but it doesn't answer the question I have.  What is it specifically about the Pod Go Wireless that means it doesn't respond to MIDI messages from an MC3 (or similar pedal) and Uhost (or similar device)?  And,,why is it not mentioned in the manual or advertising so you can know in advance it won't work?  Or - does it work, and I'm just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any input on this,

Carl

On 5/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, cchimi said:

I'm confused.  What is it about the Pod Go Wireless that the manual says it can accept MIDI commands for setlist changes, patch changes, and some other changes by Control Changes, but I can only get it to work using OnSong on my iPad Air?

I'd rather use a pedal, such as the MorningstarFX MC3, MC6MKII, or MC8.  I'd rather have the control at my feet, not at my fingers.

I've got an MC3 hooked up to the Pod Go Wireless right now. It's going through a CME WIDI UHost to mate the USB ports on the two pedals together.  This same setup works great for other devices I have for changing patches, etc.  Why not the Pod Go Wireless?  I can see that data are being send from the UHost to the Pod Go, but the Pod Go makes no response at all.  Yet it works using OnSong through a USB C to USB B cable.  What is going on?  It's clearly something about the Pod Go, something not mentioned anywhere in the manual that I can find.

I've read the other thread here that is roughly on this topic, but it doesn't answer the question I have.  What is it specifically about the Pod Go Wireless that means it doesn't respond to MIDI messages from an MC3 (or similar pedal) and Uhost (or similar device)?  And,,why is it not mentioned in the manual or advertising so you can know in advance it won't work?  Or - does it work, and I'm just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any input on this,

Carl

Carl,

I am having the exact same issue with the Uhost I just purchased.  It flashes that it receives my preset change messages, but nothing happens on the POD Go.

I've reached out to CME and am currently troubleshooting with them as well as on their CME Experts forum.  Will keep you updated if I hear anything.  

-Andrew

Just wanted to follow up.  Link to the earlier thread in question: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cmeprofans/permalink/3284755495087562/

After troubleshooting with the CME guys, I am now convinced that this is a Line 6 issue.  Another user mentioned that they have never had success with the WIDI Uhost and any of the Helix/HX devices. 

Thanks, cvmiller39.  I'm convinced it's the POD GO WIRELESS, not the UHost.  The UHost works to send MIDI to every other device I've tried it with.  Admittedly, that list is not exhaustive, but it's enough to make me think there is something in the POD GO WIRELESS that doesn't like MIDI signals coming from the UHost.