Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Catalyst Edit not recognising Catalyst amp

littlespaceman

Windows>Device Manager USB Ports all functional?

Unless you're not using Windows - helps to know those things, including OS version...

Try a different USB Port?

Try a different USB Cable?

Re-install Catalyst Edit?

Sorry, Mac OS X (10.15.7)

I've tried different USB port, different cables (3) and I've reinstalled both Cat Edit 1.01 and even tried 1.00

Still nothing.

I know the USB in on the amp works because I've used it with my iPhone and the iOS app

You're the second person today having MAC/USB problems (different problem).

I can't duplicate his problem either.

Maybe try opening a support ticket? Could be a known problem.

Good Luck!

Interesting - I will.

I also thought of some other possibly relevant info; when I launch  Cat Edit on my MacBook, WITHOUT the amp plugged in to the Macbook, Cat Edit starts almost immediately (as it should)

if I launch Cat Edit with the amp already connected via USB, Cat Edit takes about 5 minutes to launch, with the onscreen message ‘Creating Engine’ displayed during that time…

Yes, that is the normal behavior. When using HX Edit with Helix, starting w/o a Helix connected results in a "No Device Connected" message.

Don't know why they didn't implement that in Catalyst Edit.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, rd2rk said:

Yes, that is the normal behavior. When using HX Edit with Helix, starting w/o a Helix connected results in a "No Device Connected" message.

Don't know why they didn't implement that in Catalyst Edit.

I'm not sure if you misread my message, but taking (at least) 5 minutes to launch a Mac application such as Cat Edit, WITH the amp connected, does not seem like normal behaviour to me. I had a Cat 60 for a while before switching to this brand new Cat 100, and Cat Edit would start in a few seconds with the 60w connected...

I just figured you accidentally typed minutes instead of seconds. It takes 10 seconds (just timed it) on my i7/Win10 laptop.

If it's taking 5 minutes to launch, you either have a problem with your MAC or there's a bug that L6 Support either knows about or needs to know about.

If you're in the U.S., call support. Otherwise, open a support ticket.

Please report back here when you get a resolution.

I'll look in to calling support / opening a ticket. In the meantime, some follow up information for you; I took my MacBook in to a Guitar Center (I don't actually live here in the US but come here a lot with work) and plugged it in to a Cat 60W they had on display. Cat Edit opened almost instantly on my MBP, so it's not the Mac that's the problem. And the Cat 100 at home works fine with the iOS app, which implies it's not the amp that's the problem. So it must be something going on with the amp...?

On 5/8/2022 at 4:42 PM, littlespaceman said:

I'll look in to calling support / opening a ticket. In the meantime, some follow up information for you; I took my MacBook in to a Guitar Center (I don't actually live here in the US but come here a lot with work) and plugged it in to a Cat 60W they had on display. Cat Edit opened almost instantly on my MBP, so it's not the Mac that's the problem. And the Cat 100 at home works fine with the iOS app, which implies it's not the amp that's the problem. So it must be something going on with the amp...?

Yeah, now you've entered the realm of demonic interference. :-)

Good Luck!

On 5/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, littlespaceman said:

When you connected to the amp at the store, we’re you using the same USB cable you used at home?