Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EXP Toe Switch Not Working Anymore (HX Floor)

SaschaFranck

Tilte pretty much says it all. Anything I could do about it?
Fwiw, I knew this would happen one day, got harder and harder to switch. I can still feel the switching impact, but the switching itself simply isn't happening anymore.

As there's no calibration functionality or anything, I'd guess it's a hardware issue - any tips would still be welcomed!

Bummer, yeah it's a hardware issue, but at the same time...

I envy you.... I wish my switch would not work.  I never ever click the expression pedal in.  I only run my expression pedal in "EXP 2", and auto-engage the wah when needed, or enable it in the snapshot....   I wish there was a way to disable the button for my needs.  I'm being completely serious....

Must be a hardware issue. In case I step on the pedal like a mad elephant, it's working.

Didn't use the toe switch often at all, so this is really bad.

Last piece of hardware I ever purchased from Line 6, that's for sure.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, theElevators said:

Bummer, yeah it's a hardware issue, but at the same time...

I envy you.... I wish my switch would not work.  I never ever click the expression pedal in.  I only run my expression pedal in "EXP 2", and auto-engage the wah when needed, or enable it in the snapshot....   I wish there was a way to disable the button for my needs.  I'm being completely serious....

Just delete the Assign from the Bypass/Controller Assign screen.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:04 PM, rd2rk said:

If it's out of warranty

It is.

Opening it shouldn't be the biggest deal and I may try it before selling it (which is now a definite thing to happen somewhen this year). For the upcoming gigs I'll just grab my Cry Baby.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:03 PM, theElevators said:

I wish there was a way to disable the button for my needs.

Just don't assign the switch, easy.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, SaschaFranck said:

Must be a hardware issue. In case I step on the pedal like a mad elephant, it's working.

Didn't use the toe switch often at all, so this is really bad.

Last piece of hardware I ever purchased from Line 6, that's for sure.

Because nobody else EVER made a STOMP switch that failed...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, rd2rk said:

Just delete the Assign from the Bypass/Controller Assign screen.

No, that's not how it works.... you can still click into EXP1... and then you're stuck in the EXP1 pedal mode that does nothing, while your Wah is at 100%...   I wish the switching between EXP 1 / 2 could be disabled... as in the switch does nothing... and you are always in EXP 2.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:09 PM, rd2rk said:

Because nobody else EVER made a STOMP switch that failed...

Line 6 hardware is notoriously failing. The Helix Floor is STUFFED with cheap components - and yes, that's a fact, nothing I'm making up.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:11 PM, theElevators said:

No, that's not how it works.... you can still click into EXP1... and then you're stuck in the EXP1 pedal mode that does nothing, while your Wah is at 100%...   I wish the switching between EXP 1 / 2 could be disabled... as in the switch does nothing... and you are always in EXP 2.

You're actually right, I just tried. That's pretty lame.

That IS how it works, it's just not the solution to your problem which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have a solution.

How's this - 

The distance from the pedal bottom to the surface of the Helix when it's resting on the toe switch is 7/32". you could place a block of some sort, or a piece of stiff foam there so you'd feel where the extreme of the pedal is before activating the switch. Not high tech, but...

On 5/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, SaschaFranck said:

Line 6 hardware is notoriously failing. The Helix Floor is STUFFED with cheap components - and yes, that's a fact, nothing I'm making up.

Yes, Sascha, uh huh, we know... 

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, SaschaFranck said:

So what?

You've been complaining forever about this that and the other defects and dumb L6 design decisions.

You won't be happy until you get rid of this L6 POS and permanently remove yourself from the evil L6 empire.

What's taking you so long?

On 5/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, SaschaFranck said:

Reasons. Valid reasons. Which I even explained.

You're going to play a bunch of gigs with a POS modeler stuffed with cheap components that will probably fail in the middle of a song... OK, that makes perfect sense to me!

Good Luck with that!

On 5/7/2022 at 8:17 AM, rd2rk said:

You've been complaining forever about this that and the other defects and dumb L6 design decisions.

You won't be happy until you get rid of this L6 POS and permanently remove yourself from the evil L6 empire.

What's taking you so long?

Because it's easier to complain to a forum, that could care less, than actually take action thats entirely within ones control - nothing new here. I mean, why wouldn't you if your profile shows you wiht 3 producs and 1500+ posts. By that point your seriously invested in the whinge fest, and get a great endorphin kick everytime your posts create action. Its what keeps the twit-verse and face-bork in business.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:45 AM, waymda said:

Because it's easier to complain to a forum, that could care less, than actually take action thats entirely within ones control - nothing new here. I mean, why wouldn't you if your profile shows you wiht 3 producs and 1500+ posts. By that point your seriously invested in the whinge fest, and get a great endorphin kick everytime your posts create action. Its what keeps the twit-verse and face-bork in business.

You couldn't have less of a clue. But that's almost business as usual here.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:28 AM, rd2rk said:

You're going to play a bunch of gigs with a POS modeler stuffed with cheap components that will probably fail in the middle of a song... OK, that makes perfect sense to me!

I guess you may know what a backup plan is. Rest assured, I got one.
And as far as me not getting a replacement yet, as said, I have explained that before. Search for it or don't.
Apart from that, GT-1000s haven't been available here for a rather long time in shops, and to check out one carefully, that'd be a pre-requisite.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:01 PM, SaschaFranck said:

You couldn't have less of a clue. But that's almost business as usual here.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, SaschaFranck said:

And as far as me not getting a replacement yet, as said, I have explained that before. Search for it or don't.

I won't. I really don't care.

I just like to argue with you because you're never wrong, and unfailingly civil in your replies.

Fascinating!

On 5/7/2022 at 2:27 AM, rd2rk said:

I just like to argue with you because you're never wrong, and unfailingly civil in your replies.

You got that part right, I am indeed rarely wrong, simply because I prefer to inform myself before posting.

But no, I wouldn't call my posts "civil" but "honest".

On 5/6/2022 at 6:43 PM, SaschaFranck said:

You got that part right, I am indeed rarely wrong, simply because I prefer to inform myself before posting.

But no, I wouldn't call my posts "civil" but "honest".

OK.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, SaschaFranck said:

I must admit, I am thankful that I can do my own repairs, especially with actuators and micro switches. It's something I learned from using Roland/Boss multi-effect products... I have a parts bin full of spare micro switches (and a garbage bin full of dead ones) from their units over the years.  

4 years in with the Helix and I've had to clean a few actuators, that's all. Micro switches are still fine. When they do fail... it will be like replacing tires on a car.  EXPECTED!