Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Command Centre Problem

Oddball89

Hi All,

First time writing on this forum. Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out and can't.

I have an HX Effects 3.15. I learned about the command centre today and thought, excellent! For a particular song I want to be able to press a footswitch and Snapshot 2 engages, and when I release the footswitch, it goes back to what it was – Snapshot 1 say. To do some fills with a octaver on, briefly.

I can't for the life of me get it to work. I will get 'SNAPSHOT 2' appear on footswitch 6 in Stomp Mode, but it doesn't work how I want it to - it works like a stomp box, press once for on, press again for off (and that is certainly not what I've put in the command centre). I have set it up exactly how I was directed on the Steve Sterlacci video. It won't work in either Snapshot mode, nor in Stomp mode.

I'm wondering if this is a known bug. Does anyone know what might be up?

Kind reagards to you all.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, Oddball89 said:

Hi All,

First time writing on this forum. Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out and can't.

I have an HX Effects 3.15. I learned about the command centre today and thought, excellent! For a particular song I want to be able to press a footswitch and Snapshot 2 engages, and when I release the footswitch, it goes back to what it was – Snapshot 1 say. To do some fills with a octaver on, briefly.

I can't for the life of me get it to work. I will get 'SNAPSHOT 2' appear on footswitch 6 in Stomp Mode, but it doesn't work how I want it to - it works like a stomp box, press once for on, press again for off (and that is certainly not what I've put in the command centre). I have set it up exactly how I was directed on the Steve Sterlacci video. It won't work in either Snapshot mode, nor in Stomp mode.

I'm wondering if this is a known bug. Does anyone know what might be up?

Kind reagards to you all.

Oddball89.thumb.png.c7e04191fabb85fda9f2831fdccaa24e.png

On 5/6/2022 at 4:07 PM, Oddball89 said:

I have set it up exactly how I was directed on the Steve Sterlacci video.

Just an educated guess, but I suspect that video was created with an earlier firmware version than 3.15. 

• Before 3.15, Snapshots commands applied in Command Centre applied to EVERY snapshot... one setting regardless of which snapshot was chosen. 
  • In 3.15.... you can change the values on each snapshot. It's really powerful, but it has created confusion. 
On 5/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, rd2rk said:

It has to be saved that way in BOTH snapshots, else the values in Snapshot2 default to "NEXT".

^^^ THIS ^^^ is what you need to do, and it "should" work fine :)