Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please "steal" this Boss GX-100 feature

jedisb

I have several guitars of varying output levels - different types and strengths of pickups. I currently compensate for this by creating my patches with my "hottest" guitar, and then using a boost pedal when using the other guitars to bring them up to level before going into PG. 

I just saw that the Boss GX-100 allows for 10 different saved input settings to account for different guitars. These settings can be applied per patch, or you can set one as "system" so it applies to all patches. So if you switch guitars during a set all you need to do is change which one is selected as the "system" default, and it gets applied to all patches.

I really like this idea. Do you think this would be helpful?

image.png.dc6e7cdb64ee0cc37709d5a4ab216e7f.png

image.png.8956c1a2259ca3a333a3f05d16f8ad31.png

image.thumb.png.d4cc63161ed3835ab762644fd170f9a9.png

image.png.33128f26ec02ab07f868e9a7c18ded96.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While this feature is something you may want (and it was already partially on the HD units - I don't use the HX to know if it is still there), it is not something everyone wants. So, if it were to be implemented, I would prefer it be something that could by bypassed - or, as in the case of the HD units, assigned to be global vs per patch.  

For example, when I play my SSS (Fender Stratocaster), I am playing music that is completely different than when I play my HH (Gibson Les Paul). Which, again, is something completely different than my \nn/metal\m/ guitars. I have no reason to use my country twang patch with a black BC Rich Warbeast or my neon pink Jackson Rhoads. The same as my Martin Dreadnaught will never be using my Slayer patches. 
I simply don't need to 'level' the inputs like that. I don't "cross contaminate".