Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 updater wont detect Helix

s7nstringsofhell

There's not a lot here to go on.   You probably need to be a bit more verbose in describing what you're trying to do.  For example, are  you able to run HX Edit and connect your computer successfully?  Start there because if you can do that you probably have no need for the updater as the prescribed approach is to update your Helix using HX Edit.  If you can't connect with HX Edit then the problem lies in your computer and your USB connection.  You need to make sure you're not using a USB hub but a direct USB connection on the computer.  It would also be useful to know what type of Helix unit you're using as well as what computer and version of operating system you have.

Surprisingly enough, most of us here are pretty good at diagnosing things.  What we're not good at is reading your mind.

• Upvote 2

Windows 10/Helix model 
I am trying to connect my helix to the PC, so i can use hx edit as well as record with it in Reaper.

HX edit does not connect. 
I am connecting the USB directly into the PC Mobo. I have tried several plugs , still no detection. When i plug it in windows gives me the indication the USB connected.   

• Upvote 1

Have you already downloaded HX Edit and run it to install it on your PC or are you trying to download it?  If Windows indicates it has made a connection with your Helix unit, you should be able to click on your speaker Icon at the bottom of the screen and you should see Speakers(Line 6 Helix). If it shows a different audio playback device click on the audio device and it should display the Select playback device and Helix would be listed there.  This is all assuming you created an account and registered your Helix with Line 6 support and established an account and a password.  You need all of that in order to login to Line 6 Support and select HX Edit for downloading and then run it to install HX Edit.  Downloading and running the install of HX Edit is what sets up all the necessary drivers for Helix to work with your computer and upgrade you to the current firmware levels.

On 5/8/2022 at 5:09 PM, DunedinDragon said:

Have you already downloaded HX Edit and run it to install it on your PC or are you trying to download it?  If Windows indicates it has made a connection with your Helix unit, you should be able to click on your speaker Icon at the bottom of the screen and you should see Speakers(Line 6 Helix). If it shows a different audio playback device click on the audio device and it should display the Select playback device and Helix would be listed there.  This is all assuming you created an account and registered your Helix with Line 6 support and established an account and a password.  You need all of that in order to login to Line 6 Support and select HX Edit for downloading and then run it to install HX Edit.  Downloading and running the install of HX Edit is what sets up all the necessary drivers for Helix to work with your computer and upgrade you to the current firmware levels.

I got it to work. 

Thank you!