Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD as external audio card

fenyloketonuria

I record my guitar using POd HD and everything is ok. But I want to create my sound using just Guitar Rig and POD should work like a sound card. Anything I set in Guitar Rig, Reaper always records what is set in POD. Even when I set blank patch in POD and distortion in Guitar Rig, it's records dry sound from POD. Is there any possible way to set POD bypass? 

Even if you used any other audio interface it would be perfectly normal for Reaper (or other equivalent software) to record exactly what you send into it, which in this case is a dry guitar track (necessary in your case).

Since you use a plugin to process the recorded dry track this plugin must logically remain active as an effect in that track in order to process it on every playback .

If, on the other hand, you want the result of the processing on the recorded track to become definitive and independent from the plugin used (maybe because you are already happy with the results, and/or you want to save CPU resources), you must "render" the processed track with the dedicated command.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I'm not shure you understand my issue. I connect my guitar to Pod which creates his own sound. Then I open Guitar Rig and set other sound which I only want to record. Not this from Pod, only from Guitar Rig. But I hear two overlap sounds. One comes from Pod and the second from Guitar Rig. Which is horrible. The only way to hear only Guitar Rig sound is to set an empty path in Pod. When I set it like this, the program also records a dry guitar, even when Guitar Rig is set overdrive.

I don't want to use Guitar Rig as a plugin to process the recorded dry track. I want to record overdrive guitar from Guitar Rig. 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:10 PM, fenyloketonuria said:

I want to record overdrive guitar from Guitar Rig

You can't record overdrive sound directly from a plugin.

Your recording software records always and only the signal you send to it (dry signal in your case) through the audio interface.
Therefore you need to record the dry track while applying the plugin as an effect.

Then if you like the results and you want to make them permanent you can "render" the above track and get just another track already complete and processed so after you can turn off the plugin from the previous dry (and hopefully muted) track to save CPU.
That's the way it works.

A different problem is when you hear both the dry signal and the processed one when recording, which thing means that you didn't turned off the POD direct hardware monitoring by using the Line6 audio driver control panel, as you should do every time you use plugin effects in real time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 3 months later...