Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Funkiness using Expression pedal over MIDI w/ HX Stomp

jazzyhands

So I just got an HX Stomp XL, and just to increase the flexibility, I connected my Rocktron MIDI Mate to it. And to do so even further, I'm using the expression pedal in on the MIDI Mate. 

But something I noticed is that when I'm using the MIDI Mate expression pedal (and this seems to only be when the expression pedal is mapped to a parameter), the parameter itself starts to glitch out. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pajspnn4lb8or4s/VID_20220509_181805988.mp4?dl=0

Also something else I noticed is that the tap tempo control also goes a bit funky and that the tuner becomes a bit sluggish. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r3uls0vn5d08km/VID_20220509_182228526.mp4?dl=0

FWIW, everything SEEMS to sound fine. There's no glitchiness, and the tap tempo doesn't seem to sound off from the beat. The only thing I can hear is some kind of very slight staticky interference when using the expression pedal.

Just wanna make sure this is normal. I'm assuming this is the HX Stomp trying to process the constant CC messaging, but I would like to make sure that's the case. Thanks!

Edited by jazzyhands

Okay so to follow up on this, it does seem to be normal and I guess it is related to the HX processing the CC messaging.

The screen starts to glitch out ~6:30 when he starts using it. So yeah, seems to be normal.