Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where to get HX Stomp XL potentiometer/encoder

brejna

On 5/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, brejna said:

Hi, I got HX Stomp XL 2 weeks ago and today my 3 old son steped on it and damaged potentiometer/encoder (orange circle on pic). Where can I get spare part? I am in Europe

Thanks in advance

Brane

Inkedline-6-hx-stomp-xl-used_LI.jpg

Hi Brane,

I don’t think that your unit will be covered by warranty in this instance, but it may be worth a try - it should be fit for purpose.

You didn’t say which area of Europe you are in, but you can track down the nearest Line 6 authorised repair shop by entering your details into this page:

https://line6.com/find/service_center/

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Upvote 1

Point is, if you DIY, you will void the warranty for any future/further possible assistance.

I would still let do the job to a Line6 licensed center, like Thomann, and keep the warranty alive as much as you can. ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/21/2023 at 12:06 AM, sdelgado75 said:

I think I found the correct part here https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/549803-line-6-24-12-0022-preset-encoder-for-helix 

My stomp is already out of warranty, so I'm going to give it a go. I'll let you know how it works out in week or so.

Nope.

Preset encoder is just the 24 mechanical impulse encoder that you use to browse presets.

The high res parameter encoder which is soldered in the LCD board, is totally different.

Can any one assist with finding the right encoder used for parameter changes on the HX Stomp? Or at least a set of specs for the encoder? I've got both a Helix and and HX stomp whose encoders are starting to wear. One whose push button collapsed internally last night. 

Thanks, 

J

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 11.53.22 AM.png

You won't find this part as official OEM from L6. They only distribute the entire display with the encoders as part of the same PCB.

Contact British Audio and ask them if it's possible to order that part. If it's available to the market, they'll take care of it. Probably you'll have to buy more than one.

https://britishaudio.com/pages/parts-request

Or, just desolder the damaged one and check if it has a code to track it down in the general electronic parts market.

Yeahhh, I ended up ordering some encoders off Digikey. Bournes 24PPR, no detent, Quadrature, Model/Part#: PEC11R-4015F-S0024-ND

Can't say it'll work just yet. I'll post my experience on here when after I put them in. I wish more people would chime in about these sorts of things, other than the eye-rolling "That'll void your warranty"... which isn't any help. Thanks for the link, by the way. 

Thanks, 

J

On 1/22/2023 at 12:29 PM, PierM said:

You won't find this part as official OEM from L6. They only distribute the entire display with the encoders as part of the same PCB.

Contact British Audio and ask them if it's possible to order that part. If it's available to the market, they'll take care of it. Probably you'll have to buy more than one.

https://britishaudio.com/pages/parts-request

Or, just desolder the damaged one and check if it has a code to track it down in the general electronic parts market.

• Upvote 1