Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to use the mic input on the Helix backpanel?

fruijter7777

How to use the mic input on the Helix backpanel?  In the manual I can only find the following:

'22.MIC IN Plug your microphone in here for processing your vocals or recording to your computer via USB. This XLR jack provides 48V phantom power for studio condenser mics and a variable low cut filter.'

But ( for instance) how turn I the phantom power on and off? How turn I thw low cut filter on and off? Can I choose one output cnannel? And so on...   Furthermore, when I connected the Helix - with my mic in MIC IN  -  to my mixer and computer  no signal is coming through...

I may be stupid, but then for sure I need a little help from my friends...

Thanks in advance,

Frederik

( By the way, the emoji option her above ain't working neither for me (Safari-user)

Once you have the Global Settings squared away you'll need to select "MIC" as the source on the Input block on one of the Paths.

The Output Block can then be set to wherever you want the processed signal to go.

For DAW use, you'll want to go to Global Settings>Ins/Outs and set Re-Amp Source (USB 8) to MIC if you want an unprocessed signal into the DAW.

EDIT: One of the features of this Forum SW is that, in order to better enable communication(!), the emojis are disabled.

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, fruijter7777 said:

How to use the mic input on the Helix backpanel?

As noted in the posts above from “silverhead” and “rd2rk”, for selecting the MIC Input and 48v phantom power options, then you can use the USB to connect to your computer and DAW, or choose the XLR or 1/4” out to your mixer.

To have more/better control over your mic signal you can add a Studio Tube Pre, EQ, and maybe a Reverb block to the signal path.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

More info available from the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English which can be downloaded from here:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

German version here:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4033d0611d622032133/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - German .pdf

• 1 month later...

Make sure you don’t plug the mic in or unplug it with phantom power on, there have been reports of damage by doing that

I always turn off phantom power before changing the mic and have had no issues this way

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, rd2rk said:

Once you have the Global Settings squared away you'll need to select "MIC" as the source on the Input block on one of the Paths.

The Output Block can then be set to wherever you want the processed signal to go.

For DAW use, you'll want to go to Global Settings>Ins/Outs and set Re-Amp Source (USB 8) to MIC if you want an unprocessed signal into the DAW.

EDIT: One of the features of this Forum SW is that, in order to better enable communication(!), the emojis are disabled.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, rd2rk said: