Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape M20d LCD Repair ?

Looks like the LCD display on my M20d has died.  What are the options for getting this repaired.  Does Line 6 still work on the M20d mixer.  Can anyone suggest a repair shop near South San Francisco, CA?

Also, since the LCD is not working, I cannot access the Info page>WiFi settings on the mixer, to get the security pin.  When I try to access the security pin on my one currently connected Ipad, it says it's only accessible from the mixer.  Does anyone know a work around for getting the current security pin, when LCD is out?  Is there a default pin, after reset?

I am curious to know if there is a way to reset the pin as well. I have a similar situation, but had a second mixer as a backup. Just haven't gotten back to fixing this one yet. If there is a way to reset, that would be great. Don't feel like trying 9999 possible pins before I hit the right one. 

On my second mixer, I wrote the PIN on the mixer itself to avoid this in the future! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 2:22 PM, scotterp said:

I am curious to know if there is a way to reset the pin as well. I have a similar situation, but had a second mixer as a backup. Just haven't gotten back to fixing this one yet. If there is a way to reset, that would be great. Don't feel like trying 9999 possible pins before I hit the right one. 

On my second mixer, I wrote the PIN on the mixer itself to avoid this in the future! :)

Well, no luck with support.  They were going to get back to me regarding the pin code, but nothing to date.

Regarding the LCD fix, basically they don't have parts for this mixer.  Sad...really.  I've owned this mixer since 2012, and there is still nothing that touches it from a product idea standpoint.  Unfortunately, the implementation just needed a few more years of development, and that didn't happen. 

Fortunately, I did find a "Sold for parts" M20D, and was able to get my mixer LCD,  up and working again.  I am good until the next breakdown.  I'll probably buy up a third M20D for additional parts, if I find a good deal on one.

I agree. I think it’s a shame that Yamaha, after purchasing Line 6, chose to discontinue the L6 branding of digital mixers. Hopefully they have incorporated the better parts of the IP into their own line of digital mixers but I’m not familiar enough with those products to assess that.

• 1 month later...

I have since moved on to another product and no longer use the M20D. I have gone through 4 of them with only one of them still working 100%, but just could no longer take the chance of it eventually breaking down. If I were proficient at soldering, I'd tinker and try to get them back up to speed, but I'm not. So... I have a couple "for parts" M20D's if anyone is interested. :)