Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to move a preset to a different button in the same setlist

dhassman

The easiest way to do this is in HX Edit. Just drag/drop the preset to its new destination. Other presets will be automatically rearranged appropriately.

You can do it directly on the device without HX Edit but it’s more annoying, and involves using an empty buffer location as a holding space so you don’t lose anything. It becomes MUCH more annoying if you need to rearrange multiple presets.

I had only tried using HX Edit but didn't see a way to drag/drop, which is what I was hoping to do.  But I think I'm not asking the question correctly - still getting familiar with the terminology.

So I think what I'm really trying to do is move a snapshot, not a preset. So for a single preset, I have 8 snapshots and want to move one of those to a different button.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:45 AM, MGW-Alberta said:

I do exactly as Dragon.  I back each preset up manually using the export function in HX-Edit. 

Btw, you can backup multiple presets at one time into individual files by highlighting them as a group in HX Edit and then hitting the 'Export' link for presets.

You can also now just run an 'Extract Files From Backup' (under the 'File' heading in HX Edit) and it will automatically extract all your presets into a nice logical file structure. Just create a new backup before you run the extract. Couldn't be easier.

• Upvote 1