Anyone used a laptop running Guitar Rig 5 along with their Helix live?

sabretooth24

I've struggled and failed for months to replicate the Big Monster or Thrash Solo+ preset from Guitar Rig 5 on my Helix (it's based on an overdriven Soldano SLO100 amp, but even with the Helix SLO100 version it still does not get close to GR5 - if any of you are familiar with this particular tone, you will know what I mean). Just had a recording session with my producer this weekend and we tried again but could not really get that creamy low end chug and high end clarity that the GR5 preset has. I am now thinking of using a laptop and interface with GR5 live that goes into my Helix LT and use the effects off there. What I am thinking is guitar - interface - laptop - Helix LT - FOH and FRFR. Would this work? I would use my Helix purely for effects and maybe a clean sound (I'm thinking setting up a snapshot where my dirt would be GR5 and another where cleans would be purely Helix...I guess I will need to find a way to bypass the GR5 preset in that case). I know this sounds complicated but I swear...I haven't found a preset or amp on Helix that can match that GR5 metal tone! If anyone has experience getting a similar sound from Helix - please let me know.

I'm not finding those presets.

In the category Guitar Amps>Hot Solo+ I find "Thrash Solo+". Is that the one?

I can't find "Big Monster" anywhere.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, rd2rk said:

I'm not finding those presets.

In the category Guitar Amps>Hot Solo+ I find "Thrash Solo+". Is that the one?

I can't find "Big Monster" anywhere.

If you go to Styles - Metal - Big Monster that's where I find it. But yes also under the Guitar Amps>Hot Solo - Thrash Solo + is the exact settings I use (Thrash Solo+ is a small tweak of Big Monster). If you can replicate this tone and let me know the settings I will literally do anything for you man!!!