Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't load IRs that I purchased in the store

fizbin

Error message: 
The IR(s) associated with the following blocks in this preset could not be found in the Impulse Library.

I'm logged into my account. The IR appears to be present, but it doesn't load.

The fact that this can happen for one second means I will NEVER, EVER buy a preset again.

P*ssed as H*ll.

Please provide more details.

- What exactly do you mean by this: “The IR appears to be present, but it doesn't load.”  Where does it appear? How are you attempting to load it?

- Where did you purchase the preset?
- Was the IR file included in the purchase?

If a purchased preset references an IR then the preset seller should include the (properly licensed) IR file. 

The error message comes from HX edit. The IR doesn't load. I purchased it in the store, as I mentioned.

This happened at a gig when I needed a patch. On the unit, you get no message, just no IR either.

Never, ever again. I can probably figure out how to deconvolve it on a computer, effectively removing the protection that Line6 failed at, then load that unprotected IR.

It's soooo sad that I have to go to these lengths to get a reliable patch. Don't bother responding. This is what I will do.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, fizbin said:

It's soooo sad that I have to go to these lengths to get a reliable patch.

I had a quick look at your history and you don’t seem to have much success using this stuff. You didn’t say what piece of hardware was having the problem loading the IR. I know you have a Helix floor because you had issues trying to figure out how to put it into 10 foot switch mode when using Command Centre.

From the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English - Page 38

IR File Reference
Once an IR block is configured to utilize an IR index slot that includes an imported IR (.wav or .hir) file, and the preset then saved, the preset creates a “reference signature” to the imported IR from its file name. Likewise, if you save your IR block as a Favorite (see "Adding a Block to Favorites" on page 17) or set the IR block’s current settings as the User Model Defaults (see "Saving a Model’s User Default Settings" on page 18), the IR bock also creates a reference to the specific IR file within your IR library. Therefore, if you re-order IRs within the IR library list, your preset (or IR Favorite or User Model Default block) will still intelligently reference the originally associated IR file, even if it now resides in a different IR Library index location. This also makes it easy to share your presets with friends since they can then insert the same IR file in any slot within their Helix IR library, and the preset will find it. Please also refer to the HX Edit Pilot’s Guide for additional info regarding the use of IRs.”

link:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

And here is the Pilot’s Guide

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1049f61fd3077f0eca/application/pdf/HX Edit 3.15 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

Have fun trying to “krack” the protection - I really don’t think you should have mentioned that in here.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

For anyone experiencing this problem:
1. Get the patch to work in Helix plugin on a computer

2. Remove everything from the patch except the IR and set all the gains to unity.

3. Generate a sine wav sweep using Voxengo deconvolver
4. Run the sine wav through the plugin and export/render the resulting audio
5. Load that audio file into Voxengo deconvolver and also the sine sweep and generate your IR that has no failing protection, so that you can actually ALWAYS use your patch

Thanks for your time,
Pissed

On 5/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, fizbin said:

The IR doesn't load. I purchased it in the store, as I mentioned.

If you bought the IR from the Line 6 store.... then a simple "support ticket" with Line 6 is all you would have needed to solve this problem. They would have sorted it out very quickly. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, fizbin said:

This happened at a gig when I needed a patch.

You didn't test any of this out prior to a gig? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong? 

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, fizbin said:

1. Get the patch to work in Helix plugin on a computer

2. Remove everything from the patch except the IR and set all the gains to unity.

This suggests you got it to work in Native, but HX Edit threw the errors ... 

1. Is the version of HX Edit the same as the hardware? 
  2. Was HX Edit logged into your account? (I did read that you said it was... I'm just double checking)
  3. Is your hardware REGISTERED to that account?