Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I dont knowwhere to put this so I put this here since I have Helix

Soultrainer

The think is I got Line6 Relay10 iwreless guitar system attacked to Helix. The transmitter got broken. I ordered new one, its never model II but should work fine with the old charger.

But it wont work. Charger is just blinkin this red light.

I try to update charger and transmitter files but they are .WUF files and I dont get them open no matter how I try.

Please help! 

I have Line 6 updater. I have also Helic Rack and Controller. Updater founds them but it has never found my G10 Relay but it has been working anyway. Now when I broke my transmitter and got this new one (new model that should fit to G10 Relay) it just doesnt work. Transmitter may blink once and Receiver (base) is blinking all the time, days. So its not charging anything.

I download these receiver and transmitter WUF files but I cant open them. Maybe I could open them with updaterbut my updater dont found my G10 Relay so I cant solve this problem. 

If you bought the replacement transmitter new, open a Line 6 ticket through your account. I'm sure they will be happy to help you out.

The WUF files will only be opened by the appropriate updater. If the updater cannot see the transmitter or receiver, then it is likely a bad USB cable or port. Try different cables or ports. You have to be careful when buying cables, as the cheaper ones are usually "charging only" and won't carry data. You need a USB cable that carries data. 

• Upvote 1

One time I thought my Shure transmitter got broken because it wouldn’t charge. Just red blinking light. Long story short: the charger cable was bad!!  So if it applies to you, try a different cable itself. 

Weirdly, the same bad cable charged other appliances with no issue. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, codamedia said:

If you bought the replacement transmitter new, open a Line 6 ticket through your account. I'm sure they will be happy to help you out.

The WUF files will only be opened by the appropriate updater. If the updater cannot see the transmitter or receiver, then it is likely a bad USB cable or port. Try different cables or ports. You have to be careful when buying cables, as the cheaper ones are usually "charging only" and won't carry data. You need a USB cable that carries data. 

I tried another cable, I think it is phone charger cable. Now first time everI heard Windows new item found sound, and when I take it of the sound comes again. Those Line 6 cables really suck. I had to return my first unit since the cable was so bad that it sometimes connected but mostly not. 

So I dont know if this hone cable carries data but at least it gives me new device sound, still cant see receiver or anything at the updater. Just this same red flashing light inside the receiver (and transmitter flashes red a few times when I plug it to the receiver).

On 5/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, DunedinDragon said:

I had the same thing happen to me and I had to replace the both units as the G10S transmitter only works with the G10S receiver.

This should work with G10/G10S receivers so that should not be the problem.

On 5/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, DunedinDragon said:

I had the same thing happen to me and I had to replace the both units as the G10S transmitter only works with the G10S receiver.

This should work with G10/G10S receivers so that should not be the problem.

I think its charging now. I tried different vables (phones) and they didnt work, put Line 6 cable back (its very bad quality cable and loosely connected) and transmitter was blinking red and now its blinking blueish color or maybe green, too much sunlight to see now. Still it wont find it in the updater.

Maybe a better quality cable would fix this. Can anyone tell me what is that cables name (same cable as Line 6 but better quality)?

On 5/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, Soultrainer said:

I think its charging now. I tried different vables (phones) and they didnt work, put Line 6 cable back (its very bad quality cable and loosely connected) and transmitter was blinking red and now its blinking blueish color or maybe green, too much sunlight to see now. Still it wont find it in the updater.

Maybe a better quality cable would fix this. Can anyone tell me what is that cables name (same cable as Line 6 but better quality)?

Hi,

You could simply type:
"5V USB power cable compatible with Line 6 Relay G10 Wireless receiver"
into Google and see what it finds - like this one.

https://myvolts.co.uk/product/35052/USB_to_5V_DC_power_cable_compatible_with_the_Line-6_Relay-G10_Wireless-receiver

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You could simply type:
"5V USB power cable compatible with Line 6 Relay G10 Wireless receiver"
into Google and see what it finds - like this one.

https://myvolts.co.uk/product/35052/USB_to_5V_DC_power_cable_compatible_with_the_Line-6_Relay-G10_Wireless-receiver

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks. I try to find something like that from my city or maybe I could take Relay to guitar store and ask them. Thank you.

• Thanks 1