Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod GO Drivers & Memory Integrity

Rhystic1

Hello,

I'm loving my new Pod GO. However, I noticed that unfortunately the drivers are not compatible with Windows 10/11 if you have the Memory Integrity security feature on. In fact, I receive an error message as soon as I plug in the Pod to the computer and the USB audio interface capabilities are disabled.

My laptop is a Surface Pro 8, and by default the Memory Integrity option is enabled and cannot be turned off through normal means for security reasons. Since I am not willing to compromise the security of my device, this can only be fixed by the manufacturer making a compatible driver. Are Line 6 aware of this? Any official word?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

The driver isn't broken. It's just incompatible with the operating system feature. The memory allocation (you need to use different memory allocation APIs and the proper flags when allocating memory), code/data segment flags (data areas cannot be marked executable, executable areas must be read-only etc.) and alignment requirements (code/data segments must be aligned to the memory page size) have changed. The only solution is Line 6 building a new driver.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah im still waiting i have to use my  old laptop with win 10 to jam through headphones its ridiculous i have called several times and texted support and they all act like they have no idea wtf we r talking about the mfers lol...im prob gonna sell mine and go with something else ugh im sick of waiting i mean cmon how hard can it be and there the only company that has this issue its BS !!@!! then and when they do fix it how will we know is what i wanna know ? 

The last driver package was released over 3 years ago. Can we get someone official to tell us that Line6 is still doing something or is Line6 done? I mean a driver that interferes with memory integrity is a huge deal to be honest? Are we shouting into the abyss here in this forum?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The funny part of all of this, the "thank god I kept my windows 10 laptop" etc. is that Windows 10 has the same memory integrity feature but it's turned off by default unless you have "clean installs of Windows 10 in S mode, on compatible hardware". Nobody is complaining about Windows 10. Your Windows 11 with it turned off is as secure as your Windows 10. 

i had no idea really, all i know is my pod go works with usb and headphones when connected to my windows 10 laptop, but not on my windows 11 desktop, Microsoft blamed line 6 and its drivers, they had to remote in and remove them all so windows security would work, i did a search and i cant even find core isolation or memory integrity on my laptop for that matter and it has all the latest windows 10 updates etc, kinda odd hmm, so i have no idea but thx for the info.

Hello

Same here. Only if i switch of the windows memory integrity in windows 11 i can install the drivers. My windows 11 is up to date and the latest updates are installed.

This Line 6 driver for pod go is made for windows 10 and not for windows 11. But windows 10 is past.

I hope Line 6 drivers for windows 11 will coming soon.

best regards from germany

• 5 months later...

Same problem on windows 11 with POD GO 2.0 firmware update, I got the message: l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys not compatible. After setting off the Windows memory integrity feature, the ASIO driver works Ok but now the PC has a low security prblema and I cannot revert it back - very disapointed :( not expecting this form Line 6.

Yeah, disappointing to say the least. Brand new Pod Go, first thing I do is try to update the firmware, and I'm immediately hit with a Windows 11 security issue. This is the top result in search, and the thread is 18 months long with no official response. Tempting to just send this device back and get one from a reputable manufacturer.

2023-11-18 12_42_03-Program Compatibility Assistant.png

2023-11-18 12_43_38-Settings.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...