Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp into UA Apollo into Logic help

rcdigges

I’m trying to test out HX Stomp amp profiles from my pedalboard by running into my Apollo but notice everything sounds terrible and there’s a high end modulation happening too.

Any tips for running the Stomp into Apollo into Logic X?

Thanks that helps some but my Stomp is on my board before my reverb and delay pedals. If I don’t plug it into my Apollo from the output box of the pedalboard I lose the ability to utilize verb and delay

Assuming that your verb/delay are simple guitar pedals, they're designed to go between the guitar and an amp input. The output from your HXS to the pedals should therefore be set to INSTRUMENT.

Likewise, as the pedals are designed to go into the front of an amp, the Apollo's Input should be set to INSTRUMENT.

A better way to wire your board would be to use 4cm, with the pedals in the loop.

The SEND/RETURN on the HXS would then be set to INSTRUMENT, and you could set the HXS Output (to your board's output) to INSTRUMENT or LINE, whichever the Apollo likes better. This also allows you to put the IR/CAB of your HXS either before or after the Loop, which may make a difference. You can also, by using two Loops, run your delay/verb in parallel, which also can make a BIG difference depending on your FX settings.

• Upvote 1