Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning snapshots to different footswitches on HX stomp XL

claudeu

Hello,

I am using my HX Stomp XL.
In the Command Center I assigned 
Snapshot 1 to footswitch 4, 
Snapshot 2 to footswitch 5, 
Snapshot 3 on footswitch 6. 
If, for example, I go from snapshot 3 (footswitch 6), back to footswitch 4 or 5, the unit does not switch to the corresponding snapshot, but first to snapshot 4, which I have assigned before because I don´t need it.
What am I doing wrong?

With best regards

Claus 

On 5/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, claudeu said:

Hello,

If, for example, I go from snapshot 3 (footswitch 6), back to footswitch 4 or 5, the unit does not switch to the corresponding snapshot, but first to snapshot 4, which I have assigned before because I don´t need it.
What am I doing wrong?

With best regards

Claus 

Hi Claus,

The way that Snapshots work was modified in the 3.15 firmware update, and many people are not aware of this, or think it is a “bug”.

It has not been very well documented - this is the only mention of it from the Release Notes for v.3.15

New Features in 3.15

Per-Snapshot Command Center > HX Snpsht Values

Command Center > HX Snapshot command parameters can now be controlled by Snapshots themselves. For example, imagine that you are on Snapshot 1 and create an HX Snapshot command on FS2. You set it so that pressing that switch recalls Snapshot 3. You then switch to Snapshot 3 and set the same switch to recall Snapshot 6. Recall Snapshot 6 and set the switch to recall Snapshot 2. Finally, you recall Snapshot 2 and set the switch to recall Snapshot 1. Now, you go back to Snapshot 1 and begin pressing the switch. Each successive press recalls the assigned Snapshot and you would cycle Snapshot  1 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 2 and so on for each switch press. NOTE: this assumes that the Snapshot Edits global is set to Recall. If it's set to Discard, you'd have to save the preset after each set in order for the changes to stick

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Typo

On 5/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, claudeu said:

Hello,

What am I doing wrong?

With best regards

Claus 

Claus, here's what I think your problem is because the same exact thing happened to me.

You have to go into Snapshot 1, and set the 3 Footswitches to SS 1, 2, and 3, by going to the "Press and Release" behavior and setting Press to be SS1, SS2, and SS3 for each FS - by default, they're on "NEXT" and this is why when you get to 3, it goes to the next SS - 4.

If you didn't do this right you won't notice it on SS 1 if you're going to 2 or 2 going to 3, because it'll go to 2 from 1, and 3 from 2 since those are the "next" one. So that's probably why you only see it behave this way on SS3.

But here's the catch - you have to do this whole setup a total of 3 times!

So in SS 1, you set each FS to the appropriate SS to pick.

Then, you close Command Center and change to SS2, then set up the 3 buttons again to the proper things to pick (I did mine in HX Edit and command center window automatically closes when I go up top to pick the next Snapshot).

Then you close CC and change to SS3, then set up the 3 buttons again to the proper things to pick.

So each SS has to know what FS are for SS1, 2, and 3 - if you're in 3, and you press FS5 to go to SS2, I bet if you look in there when you edit the Command Center buttons it's going to say "next" under press and release behavior and not 2.

It's a little counterintuitive at first but when you start to think about it it makes sense.

But basically, programming the 3 footswitches in Snapshot 1 only programs those for Snapshot 1. When you press one of them and go to SS2 or 3, you haven't yet assigned the FSs in SS2 or 3 to take you on to 3 or back to 1 - when you open Command Center they'll have green indicators showing they're "programmed" but the settings are not FS4 to SS1  and FS5 to SS2 - it'll be like FS4 to SS "next" instead. So you have to go through and manually set the FSs to take you to where you want them for each Snapshot.

Easiest way:

In Global Settings>Preferences set Snapshot Edits to RECALL.

Open CommandCenter. 

In SS1 set ALL switches the way you want them.

Use the Snapshot Dropdown within CommandCenter to switch to SS2.

Set ALL switches in SS2 the way you want them.

Repeat for all Snapshots.

SAVE preset.

If, in regular performance usage, you don't want on-the-fly snapshot edits to be recalled, just change the Global setting after each major CommandCenter editing session.

If you don't want to have to remember to change the Global Setting, just SAVE the preset after editing each Snapshot.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your detailed answers! I will only be able to deal with it shortly. It seems to be a bit more time-consuming. One more question: do I have to do the whole procedure for each individual reset, or does it apply to all presets? 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:11 AM, claudeu said:

do I have to do the whole procedure for each individual reset

It's not Global, but you can copy/paste between snapshots and/or presets.

In CommandCenter, right-click a button or IC, select COPY ALL.

Paste to all snapshots/presets as desired. 

• Upvote 1