Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using A Pod Studio Ux2 As A Live Amplifier?

So I just got a pod studio ux2 this week, I love the heck out of this thing.

I bought the metal tone pack and have made some badass presets that sound like my favourite amps like 6505 etc....

I know you can output the sound for reamping but I was wondering could I use it as more of a rack unit by using a poweramp and a speaker cabinet. I can put all my pod studio sounds on my laptop and instead of raking out hundreds of pounds on a new amp, I could use my UX2 for live sound.

Also, What pedals will work with the UX2

Cheers

• 8 months later...

Yes you can do this, but you are obviously relying on the computer and software to process your sound.

With devices like the Floor Pod, xt, X3 or HD series you take the computer out of the equation.

You can connect just about any momentary foot switch or sustain pedal to the UX2.

I thought line six made specific pedal or switch to plug into the ux2 to control wah or preset and effects changes. the model name or numbers would be helpful. the fvb mkII is a little out of my price range and the ux2 is not listed anywhere in the compatibility chart for this and the other foot controllers. thanks!

The FBV ii Shortboard actually works with your PC to control POD Farm II.  Remember that the UX2 is just an io device.  POD Farm does the heavy lifting.  There is no controller that will currently work directly with the UX2.  The UX2 does have a couple of controller ports in the back, but they were for a couple of on/off switches, and do not believe that they are supported after the Gearbox software.