Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual purpose FRFR Speakers for both Bass & Guitar with Helix

Seems all the FRFR speakers are targeted at Guitar only & I am unable to find anything that will hit hard or go below 50hz or so for Bass for this portable option? Such a nice piece of Equipment with multiple options for Bass AND Guitar. But 0 ideal design as a FRFR Speaker to match for the Helix hardware capable of holding a good tone for myself & my Drummer to monitor on stage a bit most notably with the Bass Guitar. With the same portability as the Line 6 Power Cab. However, this "All in one portable" appeal only seems to be to the benefit I was most excited for when working in Reaper DAW using Headphones or Studio speakers.

Seems I still need my Ampeg 8x10 Bass cab & seperate bulky Rack Power amp for Decent stage Monitoring of the bass Guitar sense its typically unsafe to crank bass into center wedges or Side Fills when FOH doesn't give us enough of the low-end feel were wanting on stage at some venues. Has anyone had or known anyone in a similar situation wanting more mobility & found a solution. So far in all my research the closest literature to what I think I am looking for is

Power Engine Deuce Deluxe – Tech 21 NYC

However, 
I can't even seem to find anywhere to try them. Even If I decided to grab a set & gamble with them Everywhere I seem to find them listed they are "out of stock"  Why is this such a AMAZING "Guitar & Bass Pre Amp" without a Ideal FRFR speaker to Match all the simulated amps?

Power Engine Deuce Deluxe – Tech 21 NYC

• 8 months later...

The PEDD is their VT Bass 200 with a different tone stack, which reinforces my conviction that any clean bass amp or keyboard amp makes an excellent monitor for a modeler, and both of those amp types will handle bass as well. This may be of interest to you, because it suggests that ANY good, clean bass or keyboard amp will work for you. You'll want one with a tweeter or mid-range driver for best results, but I know my Atomic sounds fantastic through my PJB Briefcase and my friend's Markbass (not sure the model), as well as through my PEDD.

BTW, the PEDD is a bit bass-heavy, so it's not exactly FRFR, but the bass is manageable. I've used it live and loud.