Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Talk box reamping

arislaf

I do this. You first need to have a separate amp and cab. You take an instrument out of one of your sends to the talk box after the amp but before the cab. You then take the mic you have on the tube and connect that to the mic input. You need to input the mic to the cab so create a parallel path, 1B make the mic the input of that and put a split after the amp but before the cab in path 1A and have the mic's signal return to path 1A there. Adjust levels. I'm not at home so I'm not totally sure that's how I did it. I do know you want the input of the talk box to go after the amp and the mic (the output) to go into the cab. This is just one way.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Are you talking about an external talk box device, or the talk-box FX block in Helix? If the latter, there is a section in the Helix manual called USB Audio. A subsection there describes how to re-amp using your Helix device. If you haven’t already read that, start there and then come back with specific questions if you have any. 

If you’re talking about an external talk box then just put it in the FX Loop of your Helix and follow the other setup procedures described in the manual.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 5:28 AM, arislaf said:

Help! I recently added a talk box, in my helix, and want to reamp with it some old solos. What procedure should i follow? What ins and outs should i select on helix and program?

Hi,

If this is a "real" hardware talk box, then the post from "brue58ski" above seems to cover getting the Mic input signal sorted out. It's just that you mention you want to re-amp some old solos, which I guess you will be playing back from a DAW on your computer? If that's the case you will need to set your old recorded guitar signal to play back out on USB 7 and set the Helix input to USB 7. Set the Helix Output to USB 1&2 and enable a track in your DAW to record the new talk box version fully processed.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

If this is a "real" hardware talk box, then the post from "brue58ski" above seems to cover getting the Mic input signal sorted out. It's just that you mention you want to re-amp some old solos, which I guess you will be playing back from a DAW on your computer? If that's the case you will need to set your old recorded guitar signal to play back out on USB 7 and set the Helix input to USB 7. Set the Helix Output to USB 1&2 and enable a track in your DAW to record the new talk box version fully processed.

Yes, that is exactly that! My question is, should i use the mic to output? and if yes what in - out should i choose?

On 6/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, arislaf said:

Yes, that is exactly that! My question is, should i use the mic to output? and if yes what in - out should i choose?

Hi,

Mess around with this patch (Reamp+TalkBox.hlx) to see if its works for you. You guitar from the DAW comes in on USB 7 to path 1A. Change the amp and cab and FX to whatever you like best. The important bit is the FX Loop send to your hardware talk box (instrument level) and then the Mic you use with Talk tube comes in on path 1B  the gain block is off - it's just there to split the path) and goes into the cab, and your wet FX , then out on Multi which sends USB 1&2 processed audio back to the DAW to be recorded on USB 1&2.

Reamp+TalkBox.hlx

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 7:53 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Mess around with this patch (Reamp+TalkBox.hlx) to see if its works for you. You guitar from the DAW comes in on USB 7 to path 1A. Change the amp and cab and FX to whatever you like best. The important bit is the FX Loop send to your hardware talk box (instrument level) and then the Mic you use with Talk tube comes in on path 1B  the gain block is off - it's just there to split the path) and goes into the cab, and your wet FX , then out on Multi which sends USB 1&2 processed audio back to the DAW to be recorded on USB 1&2.

Reamp+TalkBox.hlx 13.44 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, that was the thing I wanted!!!

• Upvote 1