Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects, Ext amp switching problem.

joanesinu

Hello,

I received my new HX effects yesterday.

I have a very rare problem with the ext amp channel switching feature.

I have the Pedal 2 selected for external amp switching.

image.png.8f04e1601fd63b8dbbb8559f1d3d5736.png

Then, I assigned a footswitch in the command center for this function.

The channel switching only works when I plug the cable into de HX Pedal 1 input. If I plug it in the Pedal 2 input nothing happens.

What I am missing? I selected that in the first step already.

Thank you very much.

I don't have the HXFX, but I'm guessing that in CommandCenter you need to assign a FS or Snapshot to send the command to switch channels. IIRC you need to use a TRS cable and likely assign the command to "TIP", but that depends on the amp.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:20 PM, rd2rk said:

I don't have the HXFX, but I'm guessing that in CommandCenter you need to assign a FS or Snapshot to send the command to switch channels. IIRC you need to use a TRS cable and likely assign the command to "TIP", but that depends on the amp.

Hi, I already done that. The switching works on the "EXP Pedal 1" input on the HX effects. The switching does not work on the "EXP Pedal 2", where I previously assigned the function. That's the problem, I choose the function for "EXP pedal 2" input but it's working when I plug the cable on "EXP pedal 1" input. No sense.

I solved the problem.

I had a wrong configuration. To use the EXP pedal 2 output the Ext Amp has to be on the options of "2 None" "2 (Tip)" "2 (Ring)" or "2 (T+R)". I was using the "1 (Tip)". So, the number on the config screen indicates the output or the EXP pedal output number.

Thread closed.