Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Help

scottydoom22

Hey all, 

Bit of a newb here but I have a Helix Floor arriving soon and for the function band I'm in, I'm planning to run straight to the PA but I'd like extra on stage sound for me. Nothing too expensive or flash. I have already bought a power amp (Hartley Benton GPA 100w and 8ohm capability) and would like advice on whether the SubZero C10M or C12M passive FR monitor would be a suitable match? Impedance on these things looks to be 8ohm but output is way more than the 100w of the power amp I have so wanting to make sure this won't cause me an issue other than not being able to push the volume etc. 

Also, are the inputs on these things capable of connes3via a 1/4 jack? 

Thanks in advance. 

Scott

SubZero C10M Passive Stage Monitor

Previous

Next

That monitor should work fine with the power amp you already have and will give you options should you decide to upgrade your power amp.   Personally, I would go for the 12" (as long as you don't mind moving a bigger cab around)--it will move a bit more air and should give you better bass response. You will need a 1/4" to dual pole (speakon) cable (or adaptor) to run from the power amp to the monitor.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:49 AM, scottydoom22 said:

Hey all, 

Bit of a newb here but I have a Helix Floor arriving soon and for the function band I'm in, I'm planning to run straight to the PA but I'd like extra on stage sound for me. Nothing too expensive or flash. I have already bought a power amp (Hartley Benton GPA 100w and 8ohm capability) and would like advice on whether the SubZero C10M or C12M passive FR monitor would be a suitable match? Impedance on these things looks to be 8ohm but output is way more than the 100w of the power amp I have so wanting to make sure this won't cause me an issue other than not being able to push the volume etc. 

Also, are the inputs on these things capable of connes3via a 1/4 jack? 

Thanks in advance. 

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sub Zero is Gear4Music’s own brand, surely they could have answered all you questions about this product directly. I have always found them to be very helpful on the occasions I have bought things from them.

Hope this helps/makes sense.