Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Installing New Amp Models in 2022

jonnymac1974

I have a HD500x and bought the Vintage Amp Model pack for the acoustics guitar amp.  I was expecting a download but got an email saying your order will be shipped.  What format do Amp packs come in? surely not CD in this day and age? Also not easy to contact Line 6 as I an I live in UK?  Has anyone any experience of this particularly recently?

Yeah, you don't get anything in the mail... You just need to run the License Manager software to associate the model pack with your 500X. Everything is tied to your Line6 account.

On 6/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, jonnymac1974 said:

…...  What format do Amp packs come in? …

The model packs are already contained in the device firmware, but are locked. Once you’ve purchased them the License Manager will unlock them and they will be available for use.

For your information, once the purchased model packs have been authorized and activated, no new presets that use the new models will be installed.

But when you create or modify a patch, you will have additional amp/cab models to choose from.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 3 months later...