Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD X3 LIVE

chintesolo

Does anybody know where I can get my X3 Live repaired back to it's out-of-box state? I know it may be old but I still love the sound and the sounds I get from it. And the fact that I can have both guitars hooked up and ready to go. The Helix is out of my price range and the Helix LT doesn't have an aux input (unless I missed it). Thanks for any help.

Do you mean ‘repaired’ or ‘restored’? If you need a repair you should open a support ticket.

If you just want to restore the factory presets (as stated in the manual):

Press and hold the Home / Hold for Commands button for 2 seconds to get to the
Commands page. 

You will see the option to restore the presets.

If you want to reinstall the firmware, consult the manual section called USB and Computer Software.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of these and use it for personal rehearsal.   Some time back, I noticed a site where they would replace the plunger to pad switch on circuit board with a real footswitch wired to the board.   I know they did the big pedals and the old floorboard I used with my AX2, but I can't seem to find them.  I'd love to have mine redone with the other footswitches.

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, chintesolo said:

Hello Silverhead ,

I meant restored to the way it was when it was new with all the footswithches working properly and not just reset.

Sometimes they don't engage when I step on them.

That’s a hardware issue. You need to open a support ticket to get advice on where to take it for repair.

• 3 months later...

I meant to warn you, Gearbox tone builder will not work on anything older than early windows 7 OS. Also, you may expect that you'll have problems with the tone port 2 in that it propagate across the whole pedalboard and fill all tone 2 ports with the same tone. I fixed Gearbox to work and load my tones to the board by getting an old laptop and loading win 7 on it and going from there, but as soon as I unplug the USB cable I start losing number 2 slot tones.

On 1/1/2023 at 1:36 AM, lewbuckles said:

I meant to warn you, Gearbox tone builder will not work on anything older than early windows 7 OS. Also, you may expect that you'll have problems with the tone port 2 in that it propagate across the whole pedalboard and fill all tone 2 ports with the same tone. I fixed Gearbox to work and load my tones to the board by getting an old laptop and loading win 7 on it and going from there, but as soon as I unplug the USB cable I start losing number 2 slot tones.

There is a feature of the X3 called Lock Tone 2. This feature does result in Tone 2 carrying over to all presets. It is intentional and very convenient for a singing guitarist who wants to use the same vocal tone across all guitar tones. It is easily unlocked to restore full Tone 2 functionality.

I don’t know if that’s what’s happening to you but it’s worth investigating.