Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is this noise...? It is not making me want to play...

jakechoi587

https://youtube.com/shorts/RelV779FIjQ

After I moved to this new apartment, it did not have this noise right away but it started to get this weird hum/hiss/buzz sound. It sounds a lot worse with the headphones (because it is right next to you ear). It is worse when I using single coil guitars. Thinking it could be ground loop, I used the power conditioner from Furhman? still had that same noise. I took it to a shop and people there said there is no issue. FS1 is boost, FS2 is overdrive, FS4 was compression pedal.

When I unplug the guitar, there is no noise. Using the position 2 and 4 from start cuts the noise off but when you play that noise can be heard in the back and leaves the trails of the noise.

I tried doing everything, plugging just the pedal in the power, trying it in the different room etc. Nothing seems to work so far. I will be taking it to different house maybe in few weeks but other than that I have no idea what is causing this.

What could be the issue?

On 6/13/2022 at 2:50 AM, jakechoi587 said:

When I unplug the guitar, there is no noise

The above is a clear sign that it is your guitar that like an antenna is receiving strong enough interference from something electrical connected to the mains of the place you are in.

Possible solutions:

1) Put a noise gate in your patches and adjust it for your guitar.

2) If you feel like doing this, improve the shielding of your guitar, as explained in the following video:

3) Consider using a guitar equipped with humbucker pickups

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

@hurghanico

yeah I already have the noise gate on in that video one in front of the chain and one in the back and still does that unless i put the gate up and it kills the tone :/

place i lived before did not have this issue.  At this point I might as well just move to a new place huh