Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Digital noise

aed1421

Hello all.  I seem to have some type of noise or digital distortion on this patch (and each of the snapshots).  I get it no matter what guitar I am using (Elite Strat, PRS CE, High Performance Gibson 2016 LP).  I can only get it to stop if I play very lightly.   Can someone take a listen and provide advice to correct?   BTW, this is a patch I purchased. 

SP Mark V25.hlx

I don't hear it, but then what you hear as the designer might not be apparent to me.

I'm trying the preset through my PC212+ at 200% spread on the FLAT STEREO setting (FRFR - HF Driver engaged) and I think it's a REALLY nice sounding preset!

And that's with NO IR loaded! I tried it with some of my go to YA IRs and, yeah, I LIKE IT!

Using a PRS S2 Custom 24.

What is your playback system? Maybe if you record it direct and with a mic it might help narrow down the source of the problem?

If you do that, post the clips here and maybe someone will have an idea.

I have tried multipile playback systems.   Guitar straight in (no wireless) with headphones out using Sennheiser HD 280 headphones.   Guitar straight in then stereo XLR outs into Beheringer UMS 404 HD.  Guitar straight in then out to QSC K12.2 and/or out to EV ELX 112.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:46 AM, aed1421 said:

BTW, this is a patch I purchased. 

You should not be sharing a preset that someone is selling! I won't download it out of principle! 

You need to attach an audio sample of what you are hearing. 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, rd2rk said:

I don't hear it, but then what you hear as the designer might not be apparent to me.

He's not the designer... it's a preset he says he bought. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, codamedia said:

He's not the designer... it's a preset he says he bought. 

On 6/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, codamedia said:

You should not be sharing a preset that someone is selling! I won't download it out of principle! 

You need to attach an audio sample of what you are hearing. 

I missed that.

OTOH, it's a really nice sounding preset, if he tells us where he got it I might try some myself, or recommend the actual creator to the next newbie who asks "What are the best commercial presets?".

Help him atone for his sin... :-)

• Like 2